Intro

Obsidian11

It's great to know there are other fans of 71-73 stangs out there! It always seems to me that when I tell people what year my classic Mustang is, if they know Mustangs they simply say "oh, isn't that the really big ones?" and if they don't know cars, they can't even picture it because they cant get the image of a '64.5-'66 out of their head. My '71 was my first car, and is in the middle of it's second resto. This time I'm doing it right, when i'm done it'll be an "SN71" I've got the front suspension from a '99-'04 90% complete including a complete apron/tower swap to accept a late model K-member, and an IRS for the rear.

I'm glad to be a part of 7173mustangs.com!

Here are some pics:

abcf9df5.jpg

06-12-08_2335.jpg

e2955f83.jpg

I haven't worked on it in quite a while, but I plan on getting back to it in the next few weeks...more pics to follow.

2011smallsig_zps31c630dc.png

"It's what you learn after you know it

all that counts."

-Chip Foose

Well! Nice project you have between habrá man!! Get back to work!! Your car deserves it :)

Welcome to the site, youre gonna find great info and help here but most of all, great people behind the screens just willing to support everyone that is in the process of get back to life, another of our body type stangs :)

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

I know what you mean when people talk about the 71-73 Stangs,for some reason they don't like them. I was a member on a classic mustang site and one guy asked the year of mine and i told him 73 his reply "oh that is the Torino stang i hate those cars they are ugly." To which i replied to his 64 1/2 (as he calls it, I don't buy into the 64 1/2 argument myself) I really hate the Falcon stangs, and his reply was i don't have a Falcon so i had to educate this know it all that the Mustang was based on a falcon rofl Then i asked if he wanted to buy a really rare 93 Thunderbird. His next question was whats so rare about a 93 T-Bird then i had to explain that it was actually a 92 3/4 T-Bird since the build date was 10/92 rofl rofl needless to say no longer a member of that site. I know there will always be a disagreement on the subject of likes and dislike.But at least have the common courtesy to respect another persons ride and the time and effort they put into it.::thumb:: And Most important Welcome to the site

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

I know what you mean when people talk about the 71-73 Stangs,for some reason they don't like them. I was a member on a classic mustang site and one guy asked the year of mine and i told him 73 his reply "oh that is the Torino stang i hate those cars they are ugly." To which i replied to his 64 1/2 (as he calls it, I don't buy into the 64 1/2 argument myself) I really hate the Falcon stangs, and his reply was i don't have a Falcon so i had to educate this know it all that the Mustang was based on a falcon rofl Then i asked if he wanted to buy a really rare 93 Thunderbird. His next question was whats so rare about a 93 T-Bird then i had to explain that it was actually a 92 3/4 T-Bird since the build date was 10/92 rofl rofl needless to say no longer a member of that site. I know there will always be a disagreement on the subject of likes and dislike.But at least have the common courtesy to respect another persons ride and the time and effort they put into it.::thumb:: And Most important Welcome to the site

hahahaha :goodone:

And of course welcome to the site. Glad you joined the party .::tease::::chili:::banana:rofl

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

First of all ::welcome:: to the site!!

Look at it this way guys......all of the other mustang guys are just jealous that their cars aren't able to do the famous up on 2 wheels flip in the centre of the alley and come out on the other two wheels like our style of Mustang can( Diamonds are forever)!rofl

Ken

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

The way I see it, when I finally finish, I'll have one of the coolest and rarest restomods out there...I haven't seen too many MOD motors in '71-'73's. All I need is a decent parts car (and the $ for said parts car) and some time and it'll get done...anyone got an '03-'04 Cobra with a good drivetrain in it for around $1500.00...lol!

Thanks for the welcome's!

all that counts."

-Chip Foose

welcome

I lov it when they have car cruises for cars upto 1972. lol

my toys...

'61 morris minor 1000 /406 SBC

'73 mustang grande coupe/533cid ford,t-10,9" 3.55gears

'73 Ironhead Harley1200 stroker kick only right side shift

'01 Jeep tj 4.5in lift on 35"cooper stt

The way I see it, when I finally finish, I'll have one of the coolest and rarest restomods out there...I haven't seen too many MOD motors in '71-'73's. All I need is a decent parts car (and the $ for said parts car) and some time and it'll get done...anyone got an '03-'04 Cobra with a good drivetrain in it for around $1500.00...lol!

Thanks for the welcome's!

Welcome !! Interesting swap ! I like it:P Check out the restomod I'm doing www.saturdaymorninggarage.com

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-she-s-off-the-dolly

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

WELCOME aboard!

It sounds as if you you are on a GREAT journey and I look forward to witnessing the evolution. When you get some time, you might want to start your "garage" so that we can track your efforts.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

::welcome:: And as others and yourself said, that's why I'm here too! Hell, we can even appreciate those "other" brands of Muscle Cars...

Anyway, interesting and quite the undertaking build you have going... keep us posted on success and trials as you go along!

Welcome to the site. That sounds like a real cool project. There is a similar project on protouring.com, just search "twin Torinos" they are building an identical pair of 69 torinos with Cobra suspension and driveline.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Thanks for welcoming me to the site! I hope to do some work in the next few weeks for the first time in over 2 years! I had some financial issues...we moved, and I have a 4-1/2 & 6 year old. I've had an interesting past few years! I plan on starting a thread showing my progress as I go. Qcode351mach...thanks for the inspiration, it makes me want to get going on mine even more when I see others progress, keep up the good work!

all that counts."

-Chip Foose

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you here!

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Hi and ::welcome:: to the community.

Remember: 65-70 Mustangs are secretary cars (Except for the 69 Sportsroof)! :D

Plus they're all over the place. Go try and find a good 71-73, though....

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action