Intro

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
It's great to know there are other fans of 71-73 stangs out there! It always seems to me that when I tell people what year my classic Mustang is, if they know Mustangs they simply say "oh, isn't that the really big ones?" and if they don't know cars, they can't even picture it because they cant get the image of a '64.5-'66 out of their head. My '71 was my first car, and is in the middle of it's second resto. This time I'm doing it right, when i'm done it'll be an "SN71" I've got the front suspension from a '99-'04 90% complete including a complete apron/tower swap to accept a late model K-member, and an IRS for the rear.

I'm glad to be a part of 7173mustangs.com!

Here are some pics:

abcf9df5.jpg

06-12-08_2335.jpg

e2955f83.jpg

I haven't worked on it in quite a while, but I plan on getting back to it in the next few weeks...more pics to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well! Nice project you have between habrá man!! Get back to work!! Your car deserves it :)

Welcome to the site, youre gonna find great info and help here but most of all, great people behind the screens just willing to support everyone that is in the process of get back to life, another of our body type stangs :)

I know what you mean when people talk about the 71-73 Stangs,for some reason they don't like them. I was a member on a classic mustang site and one guy asked the year of mine and i told him 73 his reply "oh that is the Torino stang i hate those cars they are ugly." To which i replied to his 64 1/2 (as he calls it, I don't buy into the 64 1/2 argument myself) I really hate the Falcon stangs, and his reply was i don't have a Falcon so i had to educate this know it all that the Mustang was based on a falcon rofl Then i asked if he wanted to buy a really rare 93 Thunderbird. His next question was whats so rare about a 93 T-Bird then i had to explain that it was actually a 92 3/4 T-Bird since the build date was 10/92 rofl rofl needless to say no longer a member of that site. I know there will always be a disagreement on the subject of likes and dislike.But at least have the common courtesy to respect another persons ride and the time and effort they put into it.::thumb:: And Most important Welcome to the site

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto to what Damián & Robert said.

Welcome. I think your might be the first Big body that will have a IRS...cool! I'm looking forward to seeing you build out.

I know what you mean when people talk about the 71-73 Stangs,for some reason they don't like them. I was a member on a classic mustang site and one guy asked the year of mine and i told him 73 his reply "oh that is the Torino stang i hate those cars they are ugly." To which i replied to his 64 1/2 (as he calls it, I don't buy into the 64 1/2 argument myself) I really hate the Falcon stangs, and his reply was i don't have a Falcon so i had to educate this know it all that the Mustang was based on a falcon rofl Then i asked if he wanted to buy a really rare 93 Thunderbird. His next question was whats so rare about a 93 T-Bird then i had to explain that it was actually a 92 3/4 T-Bird since the build date was 10/92 rofl rofl needless to say no longer a member of that site. I know there will always be a disagreement on the subject of likes and dislike.But at least have the common courtesy to respect another persons ride and the time and effort they put into it.::thumb:: And Most important Welcome to the site
hahahaha :goodone:

And of course welcome to the site. Glad you joined the party .::tease::::chili:::banana:rofl

First of all ::welcome:: to the site!!

Look at it this way guys......all of the other mustang guys are just jealous that their cars aren't able to do the famous up on 2 wheels flip in the centre of the alley and come out on the other two wheels like our style of Mustang can( Diamonds are forever)!rofl

Ken

The way I see it, when I finally finish, I'll have one of the coolest and rarest restomods out there...I haven't seen too many MOD motors in '71-'73's. All I need is a decent parts car (and the $ for said parts car) and some time and it'll get done...anyone got an '03-'04 Cobra with a good drivetrain in it for around $1500.00...lol!

Thanks for the welcome's!

Welcome to the forums! Really glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

The way I see it, when I finally finish, I'll have one of the coolest and rarest restomods out there...I haven't seen too many MOD motors in '71-'73's. All I need is a decent parts car (and the $ for said parts car) and some time and it'll get done...anyone got an '03-'04 Cobra with a good drivetrain in it for around $1500.00...lol!

Thanks for the welcome's!
Welcome !! Interesting swap ! I like it:p Check out the restomod I'm doing www.saturdaymorninggarage.com

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-she-s-off-the-dolly

WELCOME aboard!

It sounds as if you you are on a GREAT journey and I look forward to witnessing the evolution. When you get some time, you might want to start your "garage" so that we can track your efforts.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

::welcome:: And as others and yourself said, that's why I'm here too! Hell, we can even appreciate those "other" brands of Muscle Cars...

Anyway, interesting and quite the undertaking build you have going... keep us posted on success and trials as you go along!

Welcome to the site. That sounds like a real cool project. There is a similar project on protouring.com, just search "twin Torinos" they are building an identical pair of 69 torinos with Cobra suspension and driveline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back