"What if?" What are your "what if"'s

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it also...

To play devil's advocate, everything on our cars has a purpose.

There's lots of cosmetics on our cars but they are just that.

Sport lamps glow, ram air sucks, etc. I like the cutouts top and bottom, they lambo the car up and do suit our fastbacks but I'm not happy with the fact that they appear to be functional but are not (unless you make them functional)

I find this a little pretentious and our cars aren't pretentious, they're the real deal that all the other pretenders drool over.

This is one reason why I don't like the 70 model with the fake side intakes...

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great!

If I could redesign the front, I'd combine the front spoiler and bumper into a single unit, and drop the lip pf the bumper about 6 inches, making the grill area bigger. Basically, making a front air dam but without a spoiler. Then put the round lights inside the grill area.

1308-1970-ford-mustang-milano-concept-front.jpgYeah, in this thought I tried to stay away from the extreme custom thought and drew off the 69-70 Shelby and a bit of Milano.

I like it also...

To play devil's advocate, everything on our cars has a purpose.

There's lots of cosmetics on our cars but they are just that.

Sport lamps glow, ram air sucks, etc. I like the cutouts top and bottom, they lambo the car up and do suit our fastbacks but I'm not happy with the fact that they appear to be functional but are not (unless you make them functional)

I find this a little pretentious and our cars aren't pretentious, they're the real deal that all the other pretenders drool over.

This is one reason why I don't like the 70 model with the fake side intakes...

Just my 2 cents...
If I would put them on, they would be functional without a doubt. But also without a doubt, since they are more for aesthetics their effectiveness probably would be marginal at best. Functional air inlets designed to move a given volume of air to effect cooling or combustion are generally uuugggglllyy!

Red 1 is cool but bin the rear scoops. Purple 1 looks too much like like a Aussie coupe to me. Good job on the rendering by the way

33ww2m9.jpg
[/img]

The "Shelby Mustang" craze was over by '69, so I am glad they didn't soldier on through to a 71-73 version. The '68-70 Shelby Mustangs were in name only, as Carrol Shelby had literally nothing to do with them. so any 71-73 version would have been much the same.

However, it would have been awesome to have a BOSS 429 version in 71 as well as a 460 or 501 Cobra Jet version for 72-73.

I wouldn't do the scoops on the sides. I like the cleaner lines on our model. A rear disc brake conversion would accomplish a lot more with less effort for the lower scoop and have never been sure how much benefit the upper scoops give in extracting air from the passenger compartment on a street driven car. Instead of the extra driving lights below the bumper, I'd replace the grill fog lights with good quality fog lights. Maybe Lucas or Marchals if you want a period correct look. 6 lights just looks to busy. I do like the rear extractors in the hood, but would consider moving them outboard to give more room for the ram air plenum and to be more above the exhaust manifolds. As others have said, excellent work on the rendering. I wish I had that kind of ability.

Steve

The "Shelby Mustang" craze was over by '69, so I am glad they didn't soldier on through to a 71-73 version. The '68-70 Shelby Mustangs were in name only, as Carrol Shelby had literally nothing to do with them. so any 71-73 version would have been much the same.

However, it would have been awesome to have a BOSS 429 version in 71 as well as a 460 or 501 Cobra Jet version for 72-73.
"so any 71-73 version would have been much the same." <--- exactly how this particular render came to be.

I am strongly leaning toward a Kaase 545 stroker... However, I've been staring dreamily at a Kaase Boss 9 engine then pondering perhaps a Kaase Boss 460/545 but those are hard to see because my wallet starts getting in the way.

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/component/content/article/40-kaase-products/219-kaase-boss-nine-semi-hemisperical-big-block-ford-cylinder-heads.html

Note: Its difficult to see but on the hood it says, "460 RAM AIR",:)

Don't pat me on the A** to quick, I cobbed the base render of the internet somewhere. So bozo pins and cookies for that guy are paramount. Credit where credit is due they say. All I did was slap on the mods. On that line I can paint on any pict if anyone wants a heads up on aesthetic add-ons.

I like it. Scoops and all. There are enough sportsroofs out there without scoops, so yours will be different.

I like that black one very much but only the front shots. On the last pic I don´t like the scoops. Funny.... :-/

What would have been cool was a shortened-chassis, 2-seat roadster/ coupe, ala the Javelin /AMX.

2 cents: although the 71-73 had a minor rear end built in spoiler (Kamm effect), the Shelby's took that a bit further... the 71 - 3's could handle some more work there in the direction your are moving into

Okay...I've been searching for Eleanor lights for some time now...not sure if I would ever really pull the trigger but it has been on my mind. I was wondering what kind of comments this post might get about them. I see the busy comment...but..I don't have the running lights in the grill so I'm thinking it might work. What do you think?

image.jpg

It will look OK to regular folk but to car nuts (most of us) it will seem like we're trying to copy "E"....

Which in itself is very ironic as the remake is a copy in itself of the original ...
Could be...copying is the biggest form of flattery! I'm not so much worried about any of that...I always do things the way I like them. I'm more concerned whether the look works... The good news is I haven't found any yet so I don't have to really make that tough decision. It's just been on my radar for a while. I do appreciate the input though!

Back