Vinyl top question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumit

Reaction score
My Car
1973 351c coupe
Hey guys. Its been a while since ive been on here. Just curious. Can a 1/2 style vinyl roof from the sports roofs fit a coupe instead of the full top.

Since the factory drip rail trim is used to hold the vinyl in place, the only bit that would matter is the trim that bridges the roof from one end of the driprail to the other.

Given the slightly different profile of the Sportsroof, a quick test-fit of this trim piece over a coupe would be all you'd need to know.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking about it. Would a part from a Cougar be a direct fit by any chance?
olnes-2546.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinking about it. Would a part from a Cougar be a direct fit by any chance?
olnes-2546.jpg
The fastback roof trim wont work on a coupe, but the cougar trim will. I used a roof skin from a cougar on my 73 coupe and it had the half vinyl top. I removed and still have the trim pieces. There is also an additional roof support underneath the skin where the trim goes across the roof.

olnes-2546.jpg
The fastback roof trim wont work on a coupe, but the cougar trim will. I used a roof skin from a cougar on my 73 coupe and it had the half vinyl top. I removed and still have the trim pieces. There is also an additional roof support underneath the skin where the trim goes across the roof.
Thanks for your reply. I love the look of the half tops. Do you have any pics from when yours had it.

Back