• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

wtb 351c 2v performance intake and carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang Grande, 63000 miles restored interior and exterior new suspension, NASA hood, 4bl edelbrock carb and performer intake, new dual exhaust, undercoated
I have been looking for a edelbrock performer or Holley street avenger and a 4bl carb to go with it. If you can help me out in any way I would appreciate it. I have tried to write people on here before and have never got a response from any of them so hopefully this works. Thanks in advance

Justin

I'm really looking for used 550 for new is a bit much right now. As far as my goals is just to wake her up a bit i have a dual exhaust and pertronix everything else is is stock quality. Thanks for all the input though guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy used.... What can go wrong with a manifold? It's a lump of aluminium?

Now that I know what I know, I would also buy a used holley, even in unknown condition....(read cheap)

Once you dismantle it to clean it, you can build it the way you want... All parts are readily available...

A holley is just a 3d jigsaw for adults. Dismantling a holley is like having sex with a nun, it's only kinky the first time...

You learn at the same time.... Go for it...

thanks guys for all the help I have texted him still waiting on a response though. would you guys recommend the edelbrock 1406 for my carb?

No clue to be honest I believe its the stock 8 inch. I'm a body guy not so much a mechanic. I do however know a bit about engines you guys recommended changing my timing what would you recommend changing it to.

No clue to be honest I believe its the stock 8 inch. I'm a body guy not so much a mechanic. I do however know a bit about engines you guys recommended changing my timing what would you recommend changing it to.
My 351C like initial timing (with vacuum advance disconnected) at about 17 degrees.

It is the closest thing to a bargain for a carburetor I've seen lately and the design is superior in some ways to the Holley or Edelbrock. Chuck

Back