Stumped

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Nice and sunny and up to 60 today. Gathered cleaning supplies to start cleaning pistons and rods, but can't find my new ring set:mad: I wanted to ring all the pistons before installing the crank, but spent 3 hours rowming the house, garage and inside and out of the car....NOT LUCK.

Dammmmitt.

Nice and sunny and up to 60 today. Gathered cleaning supplies to start cleaning pistons and rods, but can't find my new ring set:mad: I wanted to ring all the pistons before installing the crank, but spent 3 hours rowming the house, garage and inside and out of the car....NOT LUCK.

Dammmmitt.
Yeah that sucks I have had to buy parts twice because of this same thing:mad:

I can feel your pain. I dont know how much hours (days, weeks...) i spend with searching parts. Especially here in germany , every non metric screw is hard to buy here.

Look tomorow again, and you will find the rings in the center of your garage ,on a place thats to easy to find :)

Dammmmitt.
Yep it's called 4-getta disease...You must have forgettabout where you put them rofl

That sounds familiar!

I pick up my car keys in the hall, walk into the kitchen to get my wallet, stuff my wallet into the pocket of my jacket...... and spend 10 minutes looking for my car keys. :D

Welcome to the club!

I think thundertc64 is right. As soon as you stop looking for them, they will miraculously resurface. Usually in so obvious a place that you wonder how you could ever have failed to find them.

Drives me nuts by the way...! :dodgy:

SWMBO.....always tells me that every small job I do around the house takes at least 4 hrs......30 min to do the repair and 3.5hrs looking for tools that I have put down and can't remember where they are. I think at times i'm getting sometimers disease...sometimes I remember sometimes I don't.

Stop looking for the rings....move onto something else...

Ken

Thanks to Mike, Ken, Robert and David for advising me to just stop looking for my piston rings yesterday. It took me 5 minutes to find them today. Would you believe they were under my car cover I took off and put behind my work bench. Will try to start again on thursday.

I'm having the same problem - CRS - (can't remember sh---)! I can't find the new weatherstrips I bought for the doors on my 73 convert. I've been looking for three days now! Their not small either. Hopefully they will turn up soon. Hate to spend another $65!

Back