1972 Q-code Mach 1 - one of 382, July production

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
I've been meaning to pick up the Marti on this one; finally arrived today.

Apparently, it is equipped with an original Trac-Lock; PO screwed it up with 4.11 rear gears. Electric defrost rear window. Very late '72 built in July of that year.

Otherwise, very much a pretty run-of-the-mill Q-code w/Deluxe interior. Marti's By the Numbers reports that the 6C/GF paint/interior combo only came on 382 Sportsroofs that year.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
One you are buying or one you already own?
Owned it for a month or two now. It's the Eleanor thread in the project forum:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-72-eleanor-project-5-24-14-tires-rims-and-valve-spring-damper-stories

The smartasses that sold it to me did not disclose that they wiped the cam and bent four pushrods during their "rebuild" of the engine. That, and they may have wrecked the trac-loc as well, as it was clicking to beat hell when I was pushing the car recently.

I found some nice framerail rot on it too (see below), but the photo is of the worst (though the floorpans are just as well shot too, and that lower quarter patch that the PO did is so bad as to warrant replacing the entire LH quarter). BigBlue has a donor '72 coupe that I might just use in order to swap the frame ends and crossmember.

A few other photos. Since I (hope to) convert this into an Eleanor replica, I have swapped hoods with BigBlue, the '71 Coupe that was involved in the highway spinout and crash:

2i0g1af.jpg

x62cm.jpg

33llcib.jpg

2ibda1l.jpg

243kz04.jpg

Mom jokingly refers to it as "M/T:" Not Mickey-Thompson, but "Empty," because that's exactly where my wallet will be at the end of the day with it.

I've purposely (and out of necessity) turned it into an austerity build, and have been documenting the costs on Google Docs for the forum's benefit:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wQcL4P-jZNRy3YqSf7UIIxeIxK-L_TLfMxsWzFqSJeE/edit#gid=1770820629

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back