72 Sprint Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clonetroop211

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof
351C 2V
Hey everyone. I've been using these forums a lot lately and wanted to register so I could start posting and meeting other people with Mustangs. I bought my first Mustang restoration project 2 days ago, a 1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof. It is in need of a lot of work to get it back into original condition, but I look forward to the work and progress along the way. I've been wanting to restore a Mustang for a while now and I love the 71-73 Fastback body style, so when I found the Sprint for sale in my state, I gladly made the 4 hour trip to pick it up. I'm hoping to find other Sprint owners so I can get advice and tips, I've already found one about 2 hours from me and we've exchanged info so I'm ahead a little. I've included pictures of how it is now. It looks like it was about to be made into a drag car and it is in primer black. There is a 73 grill on it at the moment but the very next day after buying it, I found the correct 72 grill in the next town over from me, lucky again. I'll make sure I keep updating with pictures to hopefully help others too. I look forward to talking to all of you.

Brandon

Bob Hand in CT wins a trophy every time he brings out his 72 Cleveland Sprint Sportsroof. Said he did the paint himself. Ford never sold a car off a showroom that looks as good as Bob's car. I saw it in person and still couldnt believe how beautiful it is. And he said he drove it to the show! You should be able to find pics on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also own a Sprint Sportsroof, good luck with restore. Looks like your car has 73 fenders along with grill on it. Sprints should have the sport lamps on it like the MACH 1

@caspianwendell...I'm going back original with it. I've been looking nonstop at different sites and any picture I can for help. I just removed my front fender to verify the VIN there and it's a match! Now to check the engine code. Thanks for all the replies, I look forward to seeing your Mustang pictures and updating everyone with mine.

Welcome from West Virginia! I am pretty sure I had posted you car on here for sale on craigslist before.

Hey everyone. I've been using these forums a lot lately and wanted to register so I could start posting and meeting other people with Mustangs. I bought my first Mustang restoration project 2 days ago, a 1972 Mustang Sprint Sportsroof. It is in need of a lot of work to get it back into original condition, but I look forward to the work and progress along the way. I've been wanting to restore a Mustang for a while now and I love the 71-73 Fastback body style, so when I found the Sprint for sale in my state, I gladly made the 4 hour trip to pick it up. I'm hoping to find other Sprint owners so I can get advice and tips, I've already found one about 2 hours from me and we've exchanged info so I'm ahead a little. I've included pictures of how it is now. It looks like it was about to be made into a drag car and it is in primer black. There is a 73 grill on it at the moment but the very next day after buying it, I found the correct 72 grill in the next town over from me, lucky again. I'll make sure I keep updating with pictures to hopefully help others too. I look forward to talking to all of you.

Brandon

Welcome from ground zero/Latrobe PA. I think restoring mustangs is the #1 pasttime in this country. And the primo is working on a generation one and especially Shelbys. Mine took @ 10 years to restore because I was never satisfied w/my original and just kept putting into it. I am quite satisfied how it turned out re: Marches COTM. 18 photos from every angle. Also on my 300 pic photo album shows I had my trials and tribulations. Its time to enjoy, it now. Where in NC? as you will see-its quite feisty however if you want to take it to the streets, per se, check out what Daniel Herberth also on fbook as Pig Vicous Racing. Hes got a stroker 408 in it that does a solid 10 seconds on the quarter. Mustang Dynasty/Mikke

Congrats on finding a very desirable car. Pull up the carpet and look for the "build sheet". Would also be nice to order a Marti report on it and see what you have.

As was stated earlier, looks like you have 73 fenders. See the gap between the fender and bumper, that should not be there.

Also, you may want to look for VIN beneath other fender as they are on both sides. Check to see if buck tag is still screwed to front radiator support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back