Hello from Hampshire Tennessee

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taylorg

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351 Cleveland 2V Automatic
[/font]Hello everyone. My name is Taylor, I live in Hampshire TN which is located in Southern Middle Tennessee.

I recently bought my late uncles 1973 Mustang Convertible . He was the original owner before his death and then my Grandmother became the new owner. It's basically been sitting for the past 25 years with the occasional Sunday drive. It is all original with 68000 miles however the sun and time have not been kind. My plans are to do a sort of restomod on a budget if that is possible...

Here is some basic info.

351 Cleveland 2V

Automatic C6

Air Conditioning

Power Steering

Power Front Disc Brakes

Aluminum Slot Wheels

So far all I have done is basic cleaning and removing old dried out parts. I really don't know where to start so that is why I am here. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Taylor

68zfic.jpg

::welcome:: to the site from the GREAT WHITE NORTH!

Just remember anything is possible with a Mustang....and you're going to find some of the best guys around that can always be called on for tech advice or any advice for that matter.

Ken

[attachment=2401]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yahoo! A 73 convertible with a 351C 2V!! I've found my long lost brother! :p

Welcome to the club, Taylor. My only question is about the C6 - if that's what you have (instead of the expected FMX), then I think someone has tinkered with the drivetrain. That is cool. Any idea if someone swapped trannys sometime in the past? Or, maybe, they did produce a 73 vert with a C6, which now that I think about it, is very possible. If I remember correctly, JorgeM is running a C6, and he might chime in here.

Anyway, I'm glad that you found us!

Doc

Wow! Cool car & great history. This is a great site, so much so that I've all but quit visiting some of the others. There are a good bunch of guys on here who are friendly and knowledgeable. I suggest you just drive it for a month or so and get the feel for it and what you'd like to do. I've owned my car for a month now and have completely changed the plan I was considering during the first few days of ownership.

There are a few guys on here from TN & I grew up in Bristol until I was 20. Welcome!

Don

Welcome to the forums! We''re glad to have you aboard! Great looking convertible...hope to see more of it!

Hello and welcome Taylor!! You have a very sharp, unmolested convertible here man... you may dont know how lucky you are owning a solid car... unmolested!!... I agree with Don then... if you dont know where to start, start by making it drivable, use the car... fell what he has to show you as an original factory example and then, start to point to yourself, the things you dont like to much...

It´s gonna be the easiest way to do a low budget mod... just modify what you don´t like but be aware that your car can be a great example of originality... Maybe the sensation of driving a 40 year old car as it was supposed to be driven start being important somehow...

Check the other cars of our members... there are a lot of verts slightly modified and they look amazing... This specific body style of convertibles has the pro of looking agressive with not much modifications.... The big hood is stunning for a convertible ;)

Luxtang for example, has a yellow stunning convertible that with not so deep modifications looks amazing and up to date... Wheels is an important issue maybe...

There is another member (don´t remember the name and.. long time no see him over here actually) that has a green convertible with 15"magnum wheels... Big tires and if i dont remember wrong... mach 1 decal kit.... Look for it... it is trully supercar...

Anyways... welcome and keep us posted... here are experts in every matter you can imagine so... dont be shy and ask whatever ;)

WELCOME AGAIN!!

Luxtang for example, has a yellow stunning convertible that with not so deep modifications looks amazing and up to date... Wheels is an important issue maybe...

Well Thank you, Sir! ::thumb:: :D

WELCOME aboard!

It is VERY nice to see yet another Tennessean on the Site. It sounds as if you have a very solid original car.

BTW, while most (2,984) 1973 351 2V cars had the FMX transmission, the C6 transmission was available on the 351 2V for 1973 with 1,957 being made with that engine/transmission combination, per my sources.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I really appreciate it.

As for the transmission being a C6 I just always thought it was a C6. Heck I have already learned something. I think I need to do some more research and find out.

I do have one question about the USA decals. Is there any chance they are original or maybe a dealer add on? I always assumed they were until I got to looking around. My uncle was in the Navy and then a Merchant Marine so he may have added them.

Again thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement. I really look forward to learning.

Taylor

::welcome:: from Huntsville AL... with a low mileage original, numbers matching car, you should give some consideration to a tasteful restoration... mine has been hacked on and swapped in. Enjoy and glad to have you here.

WELCOME aboard!

It is VERY nice to see yet another Tennessean on the Site. It sounds as if you have a very solid original car.

BTW, while most (2,984) 1973 351 2V cars had the FMX transmission, the C6 transmission was available on the 351 2V for 1973 with 1,957 being made with that engine/transmission combination, per my sources.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT
Thanks for the correct information, BT! I learned something today, too! :)

Doc

Welcome Taylor and welcome to my car's red twin. Mine is a 351c 2v, c-6, a/c car with power steering, power disc brakes and magnums. Yes mine is original with the c-6, maybe it's more rare than I thought. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard! You have a great car and a great story to go with it.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back