Space Saver finally back home

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Years ago I met a guy with a 70 Cuda in a parking lot. He told me he was a novice to the hobby and asked me where to buy rims.

I told him I had a set of centerlines for him and gave him my number.

When he showed up in his Cuda he had a flat so I gave him my original space saver spare so he could drive home.

And that was the last I ever heard of the guy!

I actually forgot about if until last week. I know a few people in the right places so we found his address pretty fast although I only knew the guys first name.

So, today and went and picked it up.

I'll not put it in the trunk but it's nice to have it back. That way my original jack does not feel so alone in my storage room. :)

I love the look of the old BF Goodrich tire.

puha5eta.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That would make me mad! If that had been me I would have had your spare back the next day. I sold a guy in Kentucky some parts for a Dodge Ram. Made the mistake of trusting him to pay which he did not.

One day i will take a trip there to meet him to remind him of his failure to do the right thing.

I have a nice unused space saver tire, but the rim has a huge dent in it. Wish I could get my hands on a replacement rim, then figure out how to swap the tire out.

Well he told me he lost my number so he couldn't get in touch with me but he had kept the spare safely tucked away in case we ever met at a show or somewhere.

I did not have any info on him except for his first name.

I accepted the explanation and did not want to push the case but, hey, you live 20 minutes away from me and you were at my house to pick up the rims, so you could have dropped the wheel off at my place sometime or left a note in the mailbox saying "I still got your spare but lost your number call me on...."

Or whatever.

Well there all kinds of people. He could have offered me the Cuda as interest or indemnity. :)

It's great that you got your spare tire back. I would have returned it as soon as possible.

Just shows that you are a good guy, lending something like that to someone you don't even know.

I have a great friendship with the person who owns the campground where we keep our camper at Indian Lake. He also sells campers, and has new and used campers for sale.

One Fall, I was towing my boat back to our house, to get it winterized, and had a flat on the way. I called Mike (the owner). He dropped what he was doing, jacked up one of his used trailers he had on the lot, and brought the tire to me, which was about a 45-minute drive. He refused any money.

It took a few days to get my flat fixed, but the next wekend, I returned his spare, along with a case of his favorite beer.

Back