Anyone remember the movie, Mother, Jugs and speed?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Ran into this cool peice of history at a local car show...This was the ambulance Bill Cosby drove in Mother,Jugs and speed...After filming of the movie the ambulance was sold to a local town called Prosser and used for the yakima valley for years...They had to tear out the movie stuff..Like the front grill...The AC would not work with that custom front grill for some reason and they had to put it back to make it legal and compliant for real hospital work...They even had to install a few diff vents in the back..But for the most part still original.

I did not even know when seeing this ambulance pass when i was a kid that it was the real one from the moive...i just thought it looked alot like it..lol..But i talked to the owner and he confirmed everything..It was his ambulance he drove as a EMT back in the 70's..And told us about its famous past!! No one at the show really had a idea what they was looking at...Cool peice of history "for those who remmeber that movie" Glad i took the time to come over and ask him about it..I thought it was just a recreation of it..lol...He was nice enough to open it all up for me and even let me sit on the back.

On the bottom. how it use to look in the movie.

P6200046.JPG

P6200044.JPG

P6200045.JPG

P6200055.JPG

P6200048.JPG

mother jugs.jpg

mother jugs and speed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved that movie!

Great low-budget drive-in flick...I love that dumb movie. Toni Basil of "Oh Micky, your'e so fine" fame played a junkie in that movie.

Ran into this cool peice of history at a local car show...This was the ambulance Bill Cosby drove in Mother,Jugs and speed...After filming of the movie the ambulance was sold to a local town called Prosser and used for the yakima valley for years...They had to tear out the movie stuff..Like the front grill...The AC would not work with that custom front grill for some reason and they had to put it back to make it legal and compliant for real hospital work...They even had to install a few diff vents in the back..But for the most part still original.

I did not even know when seeing this ambulance pass when i was a kid that it was the real one from the moive...i just thought it looked alot like it..lol..But i talked to the owner and he confirmed everything..It was his ambulance he drove as a EMT back in the 70's..And told us about its famous past!! No one at the show really had a idea what they was looking at...Cool peice of history "for those who remmeber that movie" Glad i took the time to come over and ask him about it..I thought it was just a recreation of it..lol...He was nice enough to open it all up for me and even let me sit on the back.

i remember it specifically @ when the nuns

were crossing the street the crew in that ambulance would turn on the siren and it figuratively would give the nuns a goosing. This movie was @ the time when this radio stn in my hometown of Elmira NY had a promo Ford van called the Coke Denim jean Van w/a 351 Cleveland motor in it-supposed to be finally awarded to a listener at some point-makes me think that ambulance has a cleveland in it.

I did not even know when seeing this ambulance pass when i was a kid that it was the real one from the moive...i just thought it looked alot like it..lol..But i talked to the owner and he confirmed everything. It was his ambulance he drove as a EMT back in the 70's..And told us about its famous past!! No one at the show really had a idea what they was looking at...Cool piece of history "for those who remember that movie" Glad I took the time to come over and ask him about it..I thought it was just a recreation of it .lol He was nice enough to open it all up for me and even let me sit on the back.

:huh: All this ,did not realize it was a GM. As the eleventh commandment (see below, the misprint of the ninth commandment on this church window pane) 'thou shalt not be stupid' ha!

:huh: All this ,did not realize it was a GM. As the eleventh commandment (see below, the misprint of the ninth commandment on this church window pane) 'thou shalt not be stupid' ha!

Lmao...It's ok..My cousin thought it was a dodge for some reason.

Think im going to look for this movie on dvd "if i can find it"

Last edited by a moderator:

I grew up around Prosser and attended High School there. I became an EMT while in High School and responded in the Jugs Amnulance. This was my first CPR response and the rig, while not a modern ambulance, was great. Excellent sound, nice ride...I was in hog heaven as a teenager. I have not been able to find any good photos of the Jugs Ambulance until I found this site. GREAT job guys, I am hooked on this and the Mustangs.

Firedog 118

Back