My introduction thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Tanzi

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1
This is my first thread. My information is in my profile if anyone is interested.

I am not in the middle of any major projects on my Mustang at this time. I have been driving it much more due to the nice weather we have been having here in lovely RI. The last big issue I solved was replacing my lifters with non anti pump-up Crower lifters.These lifters are a 2 piece cup design like the stock ford lifters. I was chasing a very ticky valve train issue due to my Comp cam Xtreme energy cam. I love the way the cam performs but due to the very fast ramp speed they are noisy. I went nuts doing research and I have heard many complaints about this issue with Comp especially with a Cleveland. I am a mechanic and I work in a place with a machine shop (did my machine work and dyno test before I worked there). I am really glad there is a site committed to what I consider the best of the first generation Mustangs. Ron

Welcome here.

Where is RI placed in the US map?

Rhode Island Is part of New England. RI is south of Massachusetts east of Connecticut and north of New York city.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site from Virginia. That's cool your parents bought your 72 Mach 1 new and you still have it!

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. That's cool your parents bought your 72 Mach 1 new and you still have it!

Looking forward to seeing pics.

Thanks. I am very lucky. I will post pics soon.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Welcome from Texas! I understand what you are saying about the Comp Extreme cams. I am running a 270 H and it sounds like solid lifters when it is hot. Runs great and I don't mind the sound at all, but I like the way solids sound. That comes from being an old guy that grew up listening solids. Glad you are here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back