• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mach 1 351-CJ Q Code

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sports Roof Fastback (early model)
1973 Coupe -Under rebuild/restore
All,

Selling a used 1972 Mustang Mach 1 equipped with a 351C – 4V CJ with C-6 trans., 3.25 Locker rear end, Power brakes, Power Steering, and the tachometer gauge package. The front grill is missing with and no radiator. The roof had been replaced when the mustang was purchased from the owner. The cowl area has rust holes and the interior is not in real good shape. I am not sure of the trunk floor, or the floor pans. The NASA hood is rotted and rear spoiler is in bad shape. The Mustang has been under a shelter for approx. 15 years. The condition of the engine and transmission is unknown. I am selling the mustang as is with particular focus on the drive train and wiring harness. I have a posted few pictures posted with the ad. If you need more, I can get them.

Serial Number: 2F05Q200747

Color: Green with the Argent trim paint.

Title: Yes, Title is clear and available

1972 Mustang being sold AS IS, NO warranty implied!! I am not interested in selling off parts.

206ohmr.jpg

xc0u1y.jpg

2d7ydcl.jpg

favhn6.jpg

$1500.00 or OBO.

mustang7173 :D

All,

Selling a used 1972 Mustang Mach 1 equipped with a 351C – 4V CJ with C-6 trans., 3.25 Locker rear end, Power brakes, Power Steering, and the tachometer gauge package. The front grill is missing with and no radiator. The roof had been replaced when the mustang was purchased from the owner. The cowl area has rust holes and the interior is not in real good shape. I am not sure of the trunk floor, or the floor pans. The NASA hood is rotted and rear spoiler is in bad shape. The Mustang has been under a shelter for approx. 15 years. The condition of the engine and transmission is unknown. I am selling the mustang as is with particular focus on the drive train and wiring harness. I have a posted few pictures posted with the ad. If you need more, I can get them.

Serial Number: 2F05Q200747

Color: Green with the Argent trim paint.

Title: Yes, Title is clear and available

1972 Mustang being sold AS IS, NO warranty implied!! I am not interested in selling off parts.

206ohmr.jpg

xc0u1y.jpg

2d7ydcl.jpg

favhn6.jpg

$1500.00 or OBO.

mustang7173 :D
I got mine in 03 and though it seemed in better condition-problems w/rust./was covered so had to replace everything anyays. Using the fact of what you see and nothing further concealed under body putty if the engnie runs and no accident as well good transmission to tweak at AAMCO and the paint job is as good at MAACO for instance makes it a really good deal! I paid 2500 for mine though a convertible Q code to but the entire body was swiss cheesed/chewed up. If the engine has a lot of miles on it but not really in need of an overhaul- this stuff actually 2 solutions and not snake oil puts a metal diamond hard tuff coat on internal moving parts w/in the tranny and engine will restore it like new for over 50,000 miles and not a deterrant when the work is done-best gas mileage and performance and no need for reapplications advertised in popular mechanics ane Hemmings magazines at XADO.COM. FOR UNDER 100 DOLLARS SO THE NEW OWNER CAN KEEP IT ON THE ROAD AND DRIVE IT WHILE WORKING ON IT PARTTIME. As for ie; cowl area now CJ pony carries it in full as well inner shock towers that when i did mine-had to find them from totalled mustangs-trace it and fabricate. So now any of our mustangs are great deals. As for a question - my stock cleveland in my convertible-what is the diff between cobra jet and mine w/a 650 holley 4 barrel? Mustang dynasty -mikke

Hello Mustang dynasty -mikke,

The Q-code "351 Cobra Jet" version was produced from May 1971 through the 1974 model year. It was a lower-compression design that included open-chamber "4V" heads. The open-chamber heads exhibited superior emissions characteristics and were required to meet the more stringent emissions standards for 1972 and beyond. The "351 Cobra Jet" high performance engine that included a different intake manifold, hi-lift long-duration camshaft with hydraulic valve lifters, different valve springs and dampers, a 750 CFM spread-bore 4300-D Motorcraft carburetor, dual-point distributor (with 4-speed manual transmissions only), and 4-bolt main bearing caps. These engines also featured induction-hardened exhaust seats for use with low-lead and unleaded gasoline

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_335_engine

mustang7173

Hey!

If nobody wants to buy the whole car, I am in desperate need of a transmission. The fmx finally busted a few weeks ago and I'd like to get the stang back on the road.:D I'm also interested in the rear end.

Just let me know!

thanks!:cool:

Back