New repop full length console?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the parts Kurt posted have been available for years

Console wiring is being worked on now

Full console is comming soon - only in black

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, makes me think I should post my console on here... Its in good shape and I'm not going to put it in the car.. What do they usually go for?

I'll be doing the same thing. Mine is black, complete, its in real good shape and has a refurbished clock done by the rocket man. I'm thinking of going with one of these:

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ProdImages/HC3BLK-C.jpg

I've seen complete consoles on eBay for over $400. I've got to do a little more looking, not really sure what I'm going to ask for it.

Hmm, makes me think I should post my console on here... Its in good shape and I'm not going to put it in the car.. What do they usually go for?
I'd be willing to offer you fifth for the console

There are several issues with full length consoles as they are mechanically complex.

I know it looks simple but has a lot of parts. Does the ash tray door work smoothly,

can you find a working or not clock. Does it come with wiring, the ash tray has a light.

Is there a socket under dash to connect to? Did your car come with a center console?

I know this sounds odd but when we replaced the carpet in my '71 Grande there were

no screw holes for a full console which I already purchased on eBay. Who would have

guessed? Installing a console that was not factory can be problematic but doable.

mike

I plan to add a center console to mine(in the garage and ready). What size screws and drill do I us to properly mount it. I want it for comforts sake. Where would I splice it into the electrical wiring?

I plan to add a center console to mine(in the garage and ready). What size screws and drill do I us to properly mount it. I want it for comforts sake. Where would I splice it into the electrical wiring?
I think the drill is 7/64 but you can buy the screw set (8).

The problem being if you put the console on bare metal to

measure/drill the holes, when you add carpet and sound barrier

the holes may not line up. Drilling through installed carpet has

its own issues. They are all doable, I did it.

mike

Not sure about the screw size, but most importantly, make sure your drill bit is "just" long enough to go through the sheet metal to avoid what ever may lurk under it. Also drilling through carpet can result in the carpet grabbing onto the drill bit and coming unraveled leaving a bald spot, so go slowly and use caution.

Jim

Item #407

71-73 FULL LENGTH CONSOLE MOUNT SCREW KIT

8 Pieces. Price: $2.25

Run the drill in reverse so it doesn't catch the carpet

The other option is to sharpen a awl and punch the holes

Use a battery drill as it runs slower -if you do catch the carpet - you can stop / save it

If you catch the carpet with a hi speed electric drill - you won't stop it in time

Mark the holes with a drop of contrasting paint with the console in place. Use a leather punch(the single tubular type not a hand held pliers type) to cut the carpet cleanly leaving an oversized hole. It works better if you heat the end up with a torch. Then you can drill without worrying about damaging the carpet.

Mark the holes with a drop of contrasting paint with the console in place. Use a leather punch(the single tubular type not a hand held pliers type) to cut the carpet cleanly leaving an oversized hole. It works better if you heat the end up with a torch. Then you can drill without worrying about damaging the carpet.
Exactly what we did, used a cork punch as found in a lab.

mike

Back