E-bay 4 speed pedals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That schmuck is fishing for a sucker.

That's a manual-trans, non-power brake assembly from a base model 3-speed trans car (a rough one too, from those pits) - and from his crafty photography, he knows it too: It took some scrutiny to get a good idea of where the brake pedal pin was sitting on the brake pedal. That, and it isn't marked for disc brakes.

Somebody will get a rude awakening when they realize that this assembly is not what he claims it is.

Granted - if I recall correctly - an automatic trans brake pedal lever can be retrofitted into the unit and the manual-trans pedal re-welded to it, but that's not what you pay $455 for.

-Kurt

i am taking out my clutch/brake pedal assembly here shortly and will be up for sale soon! mine is a power disc brake pedal too LOL!!!

anybody who wants a set hit me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've talked with the Seller at the Carlisle, PA show before - Very shady. We call him Fast Freddy.

I too have a pedal assembly for sale from a '73 Mach 1. Not sure how you tell the difference between 3 or 4 speed and power vs non-power though.

I am a little confused on the comments here too. That looks like the assembly my car needs. The extra bracketing on the left side is just like the bracketing for my tilt column.

I have a pedal assembly for sale too that I assume is from a non-power brake car since the brake pin is at a different height than the pin on my power brake car. I didn't think a 3 and 4 speed were different in the pedal box either.

I've talked with the Seller at the Carlisle, PA show before - Very shady. We call him Fast Freddy.

I too have a pedal assembly for sale from a '73 Mach 1. Not sure how you tell the difference between 3 or 4 speed and power vs non-power though.

Not sure how you tell the difference between 3 or 4 speed and power vs non-power though.
Pretty sure the clutch pedal doesn't differ between the two.

I am a little confused on the comments here too. That looks like the assembly my car needs. The extra bracketing on the left side is just like the bracketing for my tilt column.
The brake pedal pivot pin makes or breaks (pun not intended) the deal.

This is a brake pedal (automatic shown; same principle for manual) for a '71-73 with power brakes; the lower pin interacts properly with the vacuum booster:

15rfbrn.jpg

This is a brake pedal (automatic) for a '71-73 with no power assist; the brake pedal pin is higher and operates the master cylinder directly:

10ehm6v.jpg

Now scrutinize these photos from the auction that started this discussion. Compare the pin location based on the upper bend in the brake pedal arm. The pin is in the non-power-assist location:

5ewart.jpg

2wee2pe.jpg

339rkmp.jpg

Granted - at junkyard prices - a manual-trans, no-boost pedal assembly such as the one above could be quickly turned into a manual-trans pedal assembly for disc/power boosted brakes by using an auto-trans brake pedal arm. The narrower pedal could be swapped over, though - in lieu of trying to re-do that critical swaged-and-welded joint - one could simply cut the auto pedal to the manual pedal's dimensions, and hammer the left edge flat.

Manual brake assemblies with power assist brake pedals are valuable, and this fellow is pricing accordingly. Problem is, even though he claims that it is a power-assist assembly, it isn't. It's the much more common and less-valuable non-power assist unit used in 3-speed manual cars.

Hence, he's claiming that it is what it isn't, and is pricing it as it is. He's hoping that the poor sucker who buys it doesn't install it quick enough to file a Buyer Protection claim when they find out they've been duped.

-Kurt

Here is my example of how a 4 speed power brake assembly should look ... And keep in mind I got this for only $125

The local scrap yard I also picked a 3 speed manual brake one for only $25

35m2iag.jpg

^

Bingo. The real thing - and a good price comparison to what the shyster on eBay is trying to pull.

I'm tempted to take you up on that scrapyard unit, but I don't think I should be fantasizing about toploaders in the yellow car just yet...or ever...

-Kurt

What I need to do more is too look for thread on subjects I'm looking for. Very interesting here about the trans swap I want to do.

At the time the thread was created, the Modern Driveline clutch pedal wasn't available. You HAD to get the pedal assembly in order to do the swap. With the MD pedal and Drake bearing kit, you can convert your existing auto pedal into one for a manual trans. The auto brake pedal can be trimmed down to the standard pedal size.

Back