Instrument circuit board

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1971coupe

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Well trying to save a few dollars here. I have a decent condition instrument circuit board. The only thing wrong is near the main connection to the wire harness the copper bands are no longer sticking to the plastic. They are not broken just lost their adhesive. I have read that super glue is non conductive and should work to lay the copper back down. Any thoughts out there on this? Appreciate and advice.

Well trying to save a few dollars here. I have a decent condition instrument circuit board. The only thing wrong is near the main connection to the wire harness the copper bands are no longer sticking to the plastic. They are not broken just lost their adhesive. I have read that super glue is non conductive and should work to lay the copper back down. Any thoughts out there on this? Appreciate and advice.
not sure let me ask my gf, who has a masters in this kinda stuff and see what she says.

Thanks guys as always you guys are great. And always helpful. Now off to find the epoxy.

What about the reproductions from the NPD catalog? I know they are not exactly cheap (around $70), but how is the quality of those?

I have a non-tach cluster and also some delamination on the print circuits.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the Board that's getting installed has two 1/2 inch spots where it is not tacked down.As far as a new one CJ Pony wants 100. I have other places to put that 100 right now so I was just looking for a quick fix. I think it will be fine the way it is I just didnt want to take it back out again any time soon. Thanks Again all for the advice

Back