Chrome exhaust tip positioning

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2000 F250-SD
2001 H-D FLTR
2004 GMC Denali
Plan to have new exhaust installed on my 71' Mach 1

Could someone tell me the correct placement of the chrome exhaust tips.

How far past the rear valance should the top or bottom of the tip extend?

1.6257321 inches. LOL

I think it's up to you and what you like. Look at pics of stock Machs, Bosses, or Cobras if you want it to look "factory". Otherwise, hang them chrome baloneys out there as far as you want. I wouldn't use downturned slash-cuts, but that's me.

1.6257321 inches.

I think it's up to you and what you like. Look at pics of stock Machs, Bosses, or Cobras if you want it to look "factory". Otherwise, hang them chrome baloneys out there as far as you want. I wouldn't use downturned slash-cuts, but that's me. I used something like these, out maybe an inch past the valance.

http://www.carid.com/magnaflow-exhaust-systems/magnaflow-single-exhaust-tips-1493804.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The stock chrome tips had the top part of the slash-cut( the rearmost part of the chrome tip) even with an imaginary vertical line coming down from the lower inside lip of the rear bumper.

The stock chrome tips had the top part of the slash-cut( the rearmost part of the chrome tip) even with an imaginary vertical line coming down from the lower inside lip of the rear bumper.
Ditto

Thanks kit Sullivan. That's the answer I was looking for.

Hi Klinton,

I'm assuming you don't have rear valence cut outs.

Greg.
I do have the cut outs. Kit Sullivan answered my question.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back