Wheel Fitment Test Today / Tires Ordered!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

Today I've been off my "norco" pain killer for a week now and i'm finally snapped out of the "out of it" state. i'm feeling really well with zero pain for quite sometime now. i also had a good friend of mine do all the heaving lifting as well.

here are some of the pics of my wheel fitment today!

here are two pics pf what i can take for a side profile!

here is a few pics of the rear view fitment of the rear wheels mocked up with two lug nuts each.

here a couple pics of the front view of the rear wheel fitment!

here are a few pics of the fitment with the suspension factored in! it looks like with the 5BS on the 9 wide wheel we will have about 1.75 inches before it touches the factory sway bar, thats the first thing the wheel can hit. so already it looks like a 10.25 wide would fit with absolute EASE!!!!

here is a pic of the front clearance with a 17x8 with a 4.5BS and 0offset to the upper control arm! lotsa room baby!!

here are the lug nuts i'm using, they are originally from my Ford sport trac (when i had one) 22 inch wheels i had on them. i told the wheels and for some reason didn't sell the lug nuts and locks with them.

in the rear, with "ZERO" torque, all of the threads are being threaded and the stud is flush with the lug nut!

in the front, with "ZERO" torque as well, all of the threads minus 2 are being theaded. with the torque of 100ft lbs, that'll thread it down almost one whole thread (probably closer to 3/4) so i'm going to be ok here. however, when i get the new wheel studs which will be longer than oem disc rotor studs will be longer and the entire lug nut will thread and probably go past it. the studs go into the mounting pad so deep, nobody will really notice i got open type lug nuts.

Today I've been off my "norco" pain killer for a week now and i'm finally snapped out of the "out of it" state. i'm feeling really well with zero pain for quite sometime now. i also had a good friend of mine do all the heaving lifting as well.

here is a few pics of the rear view fitment of the rear wheels mocked up with two lug nuts each.

here are a few pics of the fitment with the suspension factored in! it looks like with the 5BS on the 9 wide wheel we will have about 1.75 inches before it touches the factory sway bar, thats the first thing the wheel can hit. so already it looks like a 10.25 wide would fit with absolute EASE!!!!

here is a pic of the front clearance with a 17x8 with a 4.5BS and 0offset to the upper control arm! lotsa room baby!!

here are the lug nuts i'm using, they are originally from my Ford sport trac (when i had one) 22 inch wheels i had on them. i told the wheels and for some reason didn't sell the lug nuts and locks with them.

in the rear, with "ZERO" torque, all of the threads are being threaded and the stud is flush with the lug nut!

in the front, with "ZERO" torque as well, all of the threads minus 2 are being theaded. with the torque of 100ft lbs, that'll thread it down almost one whole thread (probably closer to 3/4) so i'm going to be ok here. however, when i get the new wheel studs which will be longer than oem disc rotor studs will be longer and the entire lug nut will thread and probably go past it. the studs go into the mounting pad so deep, nobody will really notice i got open type lug nuts.
today my 235/45/17 fronts & 275/40/17 rears was ordered today from my base gas station and will most likely be here on thursday. with the tires mount, balanced, new BOLT ON valve stems, the price is $540. not bad for this size tires. and oh yeah, they are Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ tires, which are braking and handling rating of 10 but the wear rating is 6, but oh well.

can't wait to get her some new shoes on and find out how much i need to lower the front and rear suspension.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Last edited:
from the sideview and having my rear fenderwell's rolled before paint, it looks as if i could push out the wheel another 1/2 inch without a problem. guys in other forums have run 15x10's with a 5.5 BS and only rub on speed bumps with stock 4 leaf spring suspension and with 295/50/15's (no rolled lip). i have the super stiff 5 leaf so there is zero bounced in the rear.

pushing the wheel out another 1/2 inch, that'll increase the clearance to te rear sway bar to 2.25 inches. i am guessing with good clearance would be 1/4-1/2 inches from the wheel to sway bar. so a whole other 1.75 inches can be added to backspacing. so a 10.75 wide wheel would work with zero problem.

on 64-68's 17 inch wheels look look large on the car and on the 69-70's they look kind of big on the car. well on the 71-73's they don't look big at all and actually goes well with the car i think. i know on NEW mustangs oversized wheels like 20's look awesome on them (my wife's stang looks sweet with 20 inch magnum 500's) but not these vintage car. in proportion, a 64-68 with a 15 inch wheel looks proportionate to a 71-73 with 17's. i'm glad they don't look oversized on the car at all. and 18's don't look oversized at all either BTW. however, some of guys in the other forums with larger than 18's with 20's do look GREAT but how you have to close almost all the gaps between the fender and tire.

cheers guys!

from the sideview and having my rear fenderwell's rolled before paint, it looks as if i could push out the wheel another 1/2 inch without a problem. guys in other forums have run 15x10's with a 5.5 BS and only rub on speed bumps with stock 4 leaf spring suspension and with 295/50/15's (no rolled lip). i have the super stiff 5 leaf so there is zero bounced in the rear.

pushing the wheel out another 1/2 inch, that'll increase the clearance to te rear sway bar to 2.25 inches. i am guessing with good clearance would be 1/4-1/2 inches from the wheel to sway bar. so a whole other 1.75 inches can be added to backspacing. so a 10.75 wide wheel would work with zero problem.

on 64-68's 17 inch wheels look look large on the car and on the 69-70's they look kind of big on the car. well on the 71-73's they don't look big at all and actually goes well with the car i think. i know on NEW mustangs oversized wheels like 20's look awesome on them (my wife's stang looks sweet with 20 inch magnum 500's) but not these vintage car. in proportion, a 64-68 with a 15 inch wheel looks proportionate to a 71-73 with 17's. i'm glad they don't look oversized on the car at all. and 18's don't look oversized at all either BTW. however, some of guys in the other forums with larger than 18's with 20's do look GREAT but how you have to close almost all the gaps between the fender and tire.

cheers guys!
Olie remember onlt take what the doctor tells you to. Slow down and breath:p

today my 235/45/17 fronts & 275/40/17 rears was ordered today from my base gas station and will most likely be here on thursday. with the tires mount, balanced, new BOLT ON valve stems, the price is $540. not bad for this size tires. and oh yeah, they are Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ tires, which are braking and handling rating of 10 but the wear rating is 6, but oh well.

can't wait to get her some new shoes on and find out how much i need to lower the front and rear suspension.

Olie

Shes looking good. Havent talked to you in years my friend.

Back