Here hold my beer......

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
my neighbor down the street has a boat. He's invited me to go fishing a few times. But schedules just didnt sync. Today he invites me out of the clear blue to go boat riding. So I gathered the essential beers required.

First we let his nephew ride the tube...then his son...THEN..he turns to me "hey you wanna go" . Well lets insert the fact that I havent gone tube'n in nearly FORTY YEARS!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I STILL GOT IT!!!! :cool: I hung in there for quite awhile and he whipped me up some and I hung tough!!! It was a load of fun.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. I was surprised I could hang in there as long as I did. I told Kent it was just as much fun now as it was back then. Heck...if I'm not mistaken it was so long ago that's WHEN tubing was INVENTED!!!! :D:D

View attachment 21725Funny, I went tubing on the 3rd also. I had to show the kids how to have fun. First was a slalom run at 35mph with a fat 47 yr old on a competition HO Ski. My 8 yr old warned mom that I was outside the wake! Mom promptly told her dad likes it out there.

Next, on the tube with my 10 year old son on a neighboring single tube. My wife was plenty willing to torture me, but she won't abuse the kids, so I had to create my own fun. I showed the kids how to "pirate" a tube by grabbing on and changing tubes at speed. The kids can't stop laughing about that one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a blast!

I kinda miss my old boat. It was a '65 Evinrude Sport 16 tri-hull with an Evinrude Starflight 90 4-cylinder outboard. Got it for $500 from a friend, who couldn't figure out [and wouldn't listen] how to pull the dizzy and reposition it (it had jumped time, and the P.O. to him had put it back in wrong). Lewis gave up on it, and I offered to give him his money back... had it running an hour later. Had big plans to restore and run the crap out of it... and had it on the lake running good. Took Lewis for a spin, and he had a great time tubing (he was genuinely happy I got the boat running and he didn't hafta hassle with it - he was still pissed that his wife made him buy it because it was cute). About the third trip out, my wife was lukewarm on the whole 'boat' thing... so it got parked and sat on the side of the driveway for a few years before I finally gave it away to a friend.

What ? , no pics ? I"ve been taking my daughters tubing as well lately. My 13 yr old is brave one challenging me to dump her in the turns , the 17 yr old hates it when I speed up . I"ve got an old evinrude 90 hp on a 16 ft boat , fun but actually harder on gas than the mach 1 .

Ahhhh sounds like quite a few of us like to be kids still. Kents boat has an inboard will run 60 and I could hear that whine and thought here we GOOooooo.

glad to hear you guys out doing the same thing.

Spent the last 3 days on the lake up here in Montana tubing with friends and their kids. Perfect weather and the lake conditions were great. Plus, it's always Beer:30. :p

POSTED FROM MY LAPTOP ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN IN MONTANA.

I love the Mobile Hotspot I get with my 'Droid and Verizon. :)

Back