Glass Scratch Repair

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Well hell I din even know they made something to fix issues like that. I thought that I was going to have to eventually replace the original windshield in my 71 Stang. Something I have avoided for years because at some point long before I owned it someone let the wiper arm wear a scratch into the windshield. Not deep but noticeable enough. Gonna have to give this a whirl before I replace it just to see if it is salvageable.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/two-minute-tech/2min-27/resurface-scratched-auto-glass

I tried it with little success. The attempt did force me to polish the entire glass to restore a uniform surface to the glass. It was a lot of time and effort for poor results. Perhaps if the scratches are very small it would work. Just my experience with one piece of glass. Chuck

I've used it on several side and rear glasses. The trick is having the right DA. They first (tears ago) recommended a small sander that wasn't dual action. It would leave an uneven surface that was evident in reflections. Use a 5" DA and keep moving around so one area doesn't get too deep. It's good for releaving edge chips also. I recommend it.

I can't comment on the product but I just wanted to add that my wiper also scratched the windshield.

So it seems to be a common problem.

I can't comment on the product but I just wanted to add that my wiper also scratched the windshield.

So it seems to be a common problem.

Very annoying to say the least. Fortunately it is not in a critical area. When I get back I will give it a whirl. Thanks for the advice guys.

Well hell I din even know they made something to fix issues like that. I thought that I was going to have to eventually replace the original windshield in my 71 Stang. Something I have avoided for years because at some point long before I owned it someone let the wiper arm wear a scratch into the windshield. Not deep but noticeable enough. Gonna have to give this a whirl before I replace it just to see if it is salvageable.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/two-minute-tech/2min-27/resurface-scratched-auto-glass
WOW! Awesome!

I've done it several times with great success. To be effective, make sure you have enough of the colored disc.

Like he said don't move on to the next grade disc until the scratch is not seen. It needs 5" hook and loop pad on the DA.

Back