Austin Vert Celebrates Independence Day

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to All,

Brisbane is the capital in the state of Queensland, Australia. Outside of Brisbane to the north, is a raceway called Lakeside. They hold two event days per year to celebrate Independence Day and Thanksgiving day. Today was an all American day to celebrate Independence day, and all makes of American cars were invited for a show and shine, and to drive around the racetrack in car clubs or on there own.

The turnout was around a few thousand cars of every description.I got to display my '73 and drive around the rascetrack as well for several laps. I ripped off around 200 shots of the day. I posted a few relating to mustangs mainly. '71-'73 Mustangs got a poor representation because they have not really caught on yet here in Australia. There are heaps of '65 -'70 Stangs around as you might suspect.

It was a great day anyway, and a good opportunity to see a vast variety of classic American cars.

Greg.:)

IMG_7866.JPGIMG_7877.JPGIMG_7962.JPGIMG_7967.JPGIMG_7974.JPGIMG_8049.JPGIMG_8087.JPGIMG_8090.JPG

Cool Greg , were you able to talk with any of the owners and invite them to join us ?

so that's where all the american mustangs are they look good
There really is a lot of mustangs in Aus,sometimes they even out number the local 60s-70s fords at shows. I believe Greg's pics are from an all American day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a great day there yesterday at Lakeside. We were umming and ahhing about going there as our club was present there (that 59 fairlane cop car is one of our members) But we decided to go to "Thunder on the mountain" at Malaney instead as we've done Lakeside a few times before. That event had 700+ cars there. It was a huge day for car events in SEQ yesterday. Driving up and back home yesterday, it was just a feast of great cars on the road. I hadn't seen that many classics on the road in one day for a long time. Just got a phone call from one of my mates who was there, upping me for not catching up with him there yesterday. I told him that I wasn't there, that I was at Malaney, he said BS, I saw your car there. I told him that I was replying to your post, before he rang and it was your car that he'd seen. I told him to open his eyes as my car doesn't have a rear wing and mine has ginger interior. Anyhow it sounded and looked like a great day

Cool Greg , were you able to talk with any of the owners and invite them to join us ?
No Sir,

I did not get a chance to do that.

so that's where all the american mustangs are they look good
There really is a lot of mustangs in Aus,sometimes they even out number the local 60s-70s fords at shows. I believe Greg's pics are from an all American day.
Thanks Luke,

Shame you couldn't make it down from Bundy - it's a great day there for sure.

Austin!!! Great pic's ...keep'm coming if you have more. Your car looks great.
Thanks Dana,

Hope you're keeping well. I'll put a few more pics up on a separate thread.

Looks like a great day there yesterday at Lakeside. We were umming and ahhing about going there as our club was present there (that 59 fairlane cop car is one of our members) But we decided to go to "Thunder on the mountain" at Malaney instead as we've done Lakeside a few times before. That event had 700+ cars there. It was a huge day for car events in SEQ yesterday. Driving up and back home yesterday, it was just a feast of great cars on the road. I hadn't seen that many classics on the road in one day for a long time. Just got a phone call from one of my mates who was there, upping me for not catching up with him there yesterday. I told him that I wasn't there, that I was at Malaney, he said BS, I saw your car there. I told him that I was replying to your post, before he rang and it was your car that he'd seen. I told him to open his eyes as my car doesn't have a rear wing and mine has ginger interior. Anyhow it sounded and looked like a great day
Hi 4V,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad you had a good time at Malaney, but Lakeside went off really well too. Hey, while i've got you, where are you from sir? I swear i took photos of your car when it was on display at Willowbank a few months ago. I think i might know some of the history of the car if it's the same one i'm thinking of. If you want and you get a chance PM me, and we can have a chat maybe.

Thanks guys for all your feedback and comments.

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Malaney really was a great show and I heard from a few different people that Lakeside really went off, big time. Unfortunately can't be two places at once. Also pm sent.

Back