73 Mustang Enthusiast

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

piper62j

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q-Code Mach 1. Full restoration in progress.
Great site.. Thank you. Wasn't aware it existed until searching for a power brake booster to restore my Q-Code.

There appears to be wealth of information and friendly comments here, so I will do what I can to help out and gain some knowledge.

I was a line mechanic for Ford when these cars were brand new, and owned a 73 Yellow Mach with a rare 400 c.i. engine.. Should have never let it go.. Who knew??

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Sounds like with your experience you may have some great knowledge to add to the site. Post up some pics.

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. Tell us more about the 400 and post some pictures when you can. Chuck

I too am interested in the "rare 400" engined 73 Mustang. Pretty sure that was never actually made, but...who knows?

Welcome from West Texas! Glad you found us - we always love hearing from folks that were 'in the biz.' ::thumb::

Welcome from Phoenix. A factory 400 would have been an odd bird for sure. My 335 series engine forum talks about a rare 400 with a small block bell pattern. It would be interesting to see if you car is still around. Any idea what happened to it? Do you have any info like vin, build sheet or ??

Back in the day anything could happen on the line so I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere a 400 got stuck in one. Did you factory order it that way? Was it some kind of 'test' model?

Thanks everyone for a warm welcome.. I will be posting pics of the Q-Code shortly. The 73 400ci was sold long, long ago and I was told back then that the engine was actually a Ford truck engine. I had never seen a Ford truck with a 400ci in it, but that was a long time ago..

That Mach 1 was yellow with black accents, automatic, ps, pb, ac, am radio, low end interior and steel wheels with center caps. It would still get up and go.. The exhaust, if memory serves me, was awesome..

Welcome from Florida!

I'd like to see pictures of the one with the 400 but I'd like to hear more about your current project, too! Post some pics of both when you get time.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back