I saw a '71 Torino Squire...with a 429CJ (UPDATE: Pictures - one year later!)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Light seafoamish green, no trim, mildly restomodded. No pictures, but I'm going to hunt for it, as it showed up in the neighborhood.

One of the original, six 429CJ Squires? Remind me to look at the VIN the next time.

EDIT: SEE PAGE #2 FOR PICTURES

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOOH Kurt , that's just a teaser !:p

It's the first time I saw it parked in front of that house, but this fellow seems to have a thing for hot wagons. Saw a hopped-up 90's 5-series estate out there once.

-Kurt

Indeed, though some of the post-factory modifications to the engine

The SCJ solid-lifter camshaft in that car story presents some interesting questions (not that I believe it's an SCJ), but they failed to mention the part number of the cast iron Ford intake, which must be that of an SCJ, if it fits a Holley. Alternative is a Q-Jet spreadbore.

That, and the carb on it now has nothing to do with D1ZF-9510-XA.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see - one year and two months later, I finally spotted it right where I first saw it - and this time I took pictures!

15x4u8z.jpg

2s9r980.jpg

1zn3d00.jpg

It's a '71 Torino, not a '70. If my morning's memory of the VIN serves me right, it is originally a L-code (250 inline-6). With exception to the Magnum 500's, one would be hard pressed not to think this was an original build.

-Kurt

Sweet! That's another car I'd like to call my own.

Thanks for the follow up on that after all that time. Your persistance paid as usual. :)

Back