Re-introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ygolohcysp

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Q-code
Minimal progress on restoration
Hello.

I think I've done this once, when I was trying to motivate myself to get started on my old Mustang again. I've gone through various stages of life changes in the past few years, but things seem to be stabilized again finally. I also started a job 10 years ago where I started travelling, and, well, 10 years went by before I really realized it.

So anyway, I've got a 73 Q-Code Mach 1 in really rough shape. Not the original engine or transmission. I'm putting in the engine I had in a previous non-Q-Code Mach 1 that met a grizzly fate due to pack of deer in a blind turn. That is what prompted me to find this Mustang Body back then. It's a 351 Cleveland with 4V CC heads, and built to around 450 HP. I had it mated up to a 4 speed Toploader back then, but when I bought this body, I also managed to buy a Tremec T-56 6speed for it. I liked the idea of 4th still being 1:1 ratio, but having the driveability of two overdrive gears.

I've finally got it setup in a detached garage, separate from the one I park in. I just put in a window AC unit on it, and can now start work on the Mustang in comfort.

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Sounds like keeping it around has paid off now that you have the time to work on it. Post up some pics when you get a chance.

I'd like to see some pics too. I start and stop on mine too. Mostly because of money.

Took me 2 years to save up the cash for new cylinder heads for the engine I'm rebuilding for it. Now I'm on a roll and just want to get the new engine stuffed in the front of it.

Keep the momentum rolling!

Did I hear air conditioned garage? Blessing, this heat can really send parts and tools flying quick when thing don't go right. ( bodywork)

Welcome from central Virginia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, here is the best pic I have so far. This was while still clearing off the two work benches, and clearing out the work space and clearing off the car after installing the AC unit in the garage.

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz250/chipmunkshavenuts/Mobile%20Uploads/20140703_170041_zps7tvf90q3.jpg

I inititially put the AC unit in and cleared the work space so I could work on that tiny motorcycle. I've prepped it for being competitive in a miniGP race league. It's ridiculous, but fun. I chose the number 73 for it because of the Mustang.

Oh, and I'm on the eastern side of Pennsylvania. Thank you for all the welcomes.

Dan

Welcome back from West Texas. :p

I've actually got a "spare" window unit (but no window) in my garage. I've been entertaining the idea of putting the sucker on a cart, make a directional duct, and just roll it around to wherever I need it. Hmmmm...

Welcome from Coastal Alabama. Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map located under the "Fun Stuff" tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back