Carpet opinions...To Mach or not to Mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What style carpet for my '72 Mach conversion?

• Standard Fastback Carpet in Black?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mach 1 Carpet in Black with Black Inserts?

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Mach 1 Carpet with Grey Inserts?

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My Car
'72 Fastback (Mach Badging)
'06 Coupe (Mach Tribute)
Hey guys, I am in the process of changing my Ginger interior over to black. My carpet is in fair shape but will have to go. Now I have two choices in carpet to replace, standard black carpet and "Mach 1" style with the inserts that are on both passenger and driver side. My questions is what carpet type should I invest in? If I use floor mats (who doesn't?) I suppose it won't make a different anyway?

If I choose the Mach style carpet, I intend to go with Mach seat uphostery in either all black (black with black stripes) or black with grey striping. I am going to replace uphostery never the less and will likely use the Mach style ...

Ok, it appears the differences are not apparent (I guess I am more aware as I have researched them). Here are some examples, the green is standard (I would be using all black) and the black/grey then consider if the grey were black...

standard molded carpet.jpg

Mach with grey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for black on black! You can always add gray floor mats if you want to lighten it up down there.

Another vote for Black on Black Mach 1 carpet. It's gonna be sweet, Man.

I'll be going with the same in mine as well, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Mach, which yellow did you use on the '72?
I tried med Yellow but that was a bit too dark. I took my trunk off and went to Colormaster and had them analyze it to match. I don't know what color it would be but now I can get paint from them and it matches perfectly.

Back