WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

Thanks for the heads up. Must feel great to stay cool when you really need it. In my case I was lucky enough to discover a Ron Francis panel and harness when I tore the car down.

I really like that last stripe design over the hood at the front and back along the sides. Kinda like a revised Boss 302 scheme but still a very unique look.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Thanks Mike. I've since made further mods to it to make it even more Boss like and less 68 Camaro lol. I figure if 68 Camaro came to my mind it would for others as well.

Thanks Mike. I've since made further mods to it to make it even more Boss like and less 68 Camaro lol. I figure if 68 Camaro came to my mind it would for others as well.

Mate this stripe is really cool, something a little different from the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chopper. Minus a couple of small changes its the way I'm going to go. It really shows off that side body line in a way that the stock side stripe doesn't. Kinda hides it I think and it really needs to be seen. Plus it makes for a cool 70 Shelby beak that I love so much with the front of the hood and bumper ( in body colour instead of chrome however).

LOOKS GREAT!!!! I would love to see this car in person someday..... keep up the great work

• 3 weeks later...
image.thumb.jpeg.9c4ecda03c8de1a72e090029a8001039.jpegPushed it outside. Still working on laying out the stripes. Car looks very different when you can stand farther away from it and see the overall shapes. Getting close with the final lay out. I'm planning on getting these quarters mended on finally by the end of August. Goal is paint before Christmas. Definitely needs to be cooler in my shop. There is no way I'm wearing a protective coverall in this heat and I can't bodywork in shorts and a t-shirt. With the work I do daily I'd say my health is already stressed and working with fibreglass filler doesn't help. In the mean time mechanical will get whatever time I can give. I chose to ditch the air because of the difficulty in holding an idle with the fuel injection system without spending another bunch of money on a module to handle the sudden draw, dropping the idle. It becomes erratic or shuts off. I figure I wouldn't use it enough to be worth the time, money and effort. Still going to use the March system though.

Pushed it outside. Still working on laying out the stripes. Car looks very different when you can stand farther away from it and see the overall shapes. Getting close with the final lay out. I'm planning on getting these quarters mended on finally by the end of August. Goal is paint before Christmas. Definitely needs to be cooler in my shop. There is no way I'm wearing a protective coverall in this heat and I can't bodywork in shorts and a t-shirt. With the work I do daily I'd say my health is already stressed and working with fibreglass filler doesn't help. In the mean time mechanical will get whatever time I can give. I chose to ditch the air because of the difficulty in holding an idle with the fuel injection system without spending another bunch of money on a module to handle the sudden draw, dropping the idle. It becomes erratic or shuts off. I figure I wouldn't use it enough to be worth the time, money and effort. Still going to use the March system though.

Epic mate!

• 2 weeks later...

Being outside give a better perspective, I always loved the c stripe on the 68s .like you have on post #513. Across the hood looks good too. I like the Villan across the back. Too bad we have to choose just one or build a whole other car, lol.

Being outside give a better perspective, I always loved the c stripe on the 68s .like you have on post #513. Across the hood looks good too. I like the Villan across the back. Too bad we have to choose just one or build a whole other car, lol.

Oh I changed it up in front and on the hood. Turned out far better than over the nose. Exactly the look I'm after but I have to leave something of a surprise for the completed look. I figure the final paint/ decal layout needs to be unveiled in one series of shots. Oh and the final emblem which is completely different than my original idea

image.jpeg.e97476d083868a3088d16c2c62bd7e83.jpegHi all. Just sharing some cool news. Im looking to sell my 68 coupe that I built 10 yrs ago to get into something of a bucket list car of mine. It finally came to be by fluke.

image.thumb.png.2248afb583987d802bfdf3a4f03f1757.pngNot the sale of the car, yet, but landing this car

image.thumb.png.28047db25acd0100f8101426f4b0d1ad.pngIt appears in going to be busy this winter because I ordered the LeMans hard top for it and taking it to this level of build PLUS the 71 build. I figure you can survive your daily problems or you can choose your "problems" and enjoy them. If you can call it a problem lol

Cool. My wife calls it a problem. I call it a relaxing hobby!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

It appears in going to be busy this winter because I ordered the LeMans hard top for it and taking it to this level of build PLUS the 71 build. I figure you can survive your daily problems or you can choose your "problems" and enjoy them. If you can call it a problem lol

I'm so jealous!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Hey Angelo, I was just thinking, do you have a 4" chop version of your wide body kit ? How cool would that be ? I hope you don't loose interest in your mustang lusting over that Cobra. Lol good luck and enjoy that.

Hey Angelo, I was just thinking, do you have a 4" chop version of your wide body kit ? How cool would that be ? I hope you don't loose interest in your mustang lusting over that Cobra. Lol good luck and enjoy that.

Could you imagine the rear of your car 6" wider. Wow. It wouldn't need a chop because you shortened the front and not the back right? It would actually add a few inches to the back but I don't know about your trunk. Crazy. It my steal some time but not passion. Thx buddy.

Could you imagine the rear of your car 6" wider. Wow. It wouldn't need a chop because you shortened the front and not the back right? It would actually add a few inches to the back but I don't know about your trunk. Crazy. It my steal some time but not passion. Thx buddy.

I eliminated the back pot metal pieces and the trunk panel is gone, but I did section 4" out of the whole body so your panels would have to be sectioned out of the middle. Would be very cool.

I think you'd scare other cars off the road lol. Can you imagine a car having the appearance of being as wide as it is long. 78" across the back. Regardless, I think ford would say "this is the mustang we should have built when your done. Yours would be the car someone would risk getting a speeding ticket to catch up to on the highway, to get a better look!

Lmao,? that would be sweet. I can envision it in my head . Not just wide flairs but a wide car period . Awesome, the meat I could put on it , like MT or something