WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

Green Goblin is finished. I have a few days of work ahead of me to take care of my customers and then I can pick up where I left off with the 71. I'm looking forward to having all my focus in one place.

Sweet mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are two awesome cars parked beside each other. It'll be really awesome when the two are side by side on the floor with the mustang also sporting new paint, lol. Nice work on the cobra.

That is some beautiful work buddy! That is the exact same thing I was thinking about doing to my front and rear glass :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

That is some beautiful work buddy! That is the exact same thing I was thinking about doing to my front and rear glass :)

So your going with Lexan rear glass and up front too. Cool. Rear seems a little easier since it's flatter for the urethane to keep it down but the front could be difficult. What thickness are you thinking? Are you able to curve it and keep it there? The Cobra is obviously bolted down and although I love that look I'm not sure I want to be forced to do that to the 71. I may want to but I don't want to be forced to. Any recommendations?

I have used lexan in several instances. The main difference between it and plexy's characteristic is how it's bendable. I have bent it and it holds that shape. It helps some to warm it with a hair dryer. I have been successful bending it even in a 90% angle. I used it on a chopped Chevy luv windshield once. Also on the rear of a 69 vette with an Ekler can am fastback body kit. it doesn't like wipers, lol. It will scuff up. You may already know this but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I went with Makrolon abrasion resistant polycarbonate. Quite expensive but I think worth it. However because of its mar resistant film you don't want to be bending it too much. All these different plastics have their place but they also have their drawbacks. Plexiglass would be fine I suppose for side or rear glass but as for a windshield It would be very dangerous since it shatters. Lexan MR 10 or Makrolon Abrasion resistant is considered security glass and would never break even with a sledgehammer. A 1/4" piece 28"x32" of basic Makrolon is $56. Make it the abrasion resistant version and it jumps to $288. It may yellow after 10 yrs but can be polished out. 1/8" sheet is sufficient and less expensive but is still quite flexible. It is what I used for the back of the Cobra. However a little bouncy. Basically, a little bit of homework and you can put together the right combination I suppose.

So your going with Lexan rear glass and up front too. Cool. Rear seems a little easier since it's flatter for the urethane to keep it down but the front could be difficult. What thickness are you thinking? Are you able to curve it and keep it there? The Cobra is obviously bolted down and although I love that look I'm not sure I want to be forced to do that to the 71. I may want to but I don't want to be forced to. Any recommendations?

Haha sorry, I think I did explaine it wrong :D What I ment was that the black stripe you made around the glass, that was the way I want to go with mine. I will try to see if the original glass does have the exactly right shape when I am done with the frames or else I'll might try the same as you have done with lexan glass :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

IMG_0498.thumb.JPG.cae42566cd8a9ee34fed11d45c24ca29.JPGcomputer image of a custom one piece tail light panel.

A work in progress. Still have to deal with around the light bezels. My friend Marco is doing a killer job on it. Man's got skills

IMG_0583.thumb.PNG.372cbc71ffe17c6c9d28fe2abed4028b.PNG

IMG_0584.thumb.PNG.7c5a2e58e4235e8afb65f9003b079e02.PNG

Even a flat spot in the honeycomb for the emblem

That small flat spot was the first thing I saw. Those are the little details that separate the great jobs from the good ones. Those tell you that someone is looking at the smallest details. Great job!

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Thanks Mike. When talent meets fussy you get Marco. This car will be better than where I can take it because of the involvement of my friends

So what your looking at is the 2 new light bezel surrounds my friend Marco made on his CNC.  Each of these 1-1/4" cut pieces will sit behind the tail light panel to set the newly made lenses back deeper into the trunk. Each of the three sections is tapered and therefore the amount of lens you will see is smaller than the stock lenses. I'm going to vacuume form new lenses that pop up 1/2" and it will all still work without my LED's. All this to achieve a very clean and updated look while paying respect to the original look. As far as l am concerned the smaller the lenses the better.

IMG_0642.thumb.JPG.48afeea97fde28e7e93c726ae3e2c283.JPG

Just sitting on the bumper

IMG_0653.thumb.JPG.e8a308522ce4d1a5c2fd3e419fe3d3a7.JPG

Program is done to cut out the shspe for the vacuum form tail light lenses. Going to make a homemade vacuumform box and get to it.

IMG_0667.thumb.JPG.c9cd2ff47fa27ed585fdc4dc2563b2a3.JPG

IMG_0703.thumb.PNG.04bf129b6678c52ce32d0cef7c1fe3ea.PNGPrototype getting closer to completion.

Wow that is so awesome stuff [sMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

I'd leave the back up lights out of those lenses, I think it is a bit awkward looking-now if you want something unique for a reverse light, how about using a bunch of LED's mounted in an exhaust tip?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Yeah, I like it a lot but I'm hesitant about those back up lights too. It makes for too many vertical lines with the wider bezels. I think they need to be all red. Plus it'll look more like it was designed to be cool as opposed to being practical.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action