WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

IMG_0231.thumb.PNG.1e8f92cafa49eb827609ce0892fcafd5.PNGSide by side comparison

IMG_0232.thumb.PNG.32e4f737f681601de285f8872f47df3b.PNGThis is Marco. The man that's letting me take this build to a new level. If it weren't for his CNC talents and design input I'd be without a collaborator or the means to achieve one off parts with any finesse.

WWWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!!! :bravo:

1971 Mustang Grande, 351 Cleveland 2v, C6, 9"

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Weiand Xcelerator intake

-Long Tube Headers

-Boss Hogg "Street Bandit"

My Build

first time posting .... Thanks for all the compliments Angelo, looking forward to making this one of a kind pony a star! there's still a lot of or to be done but it's been a blast working with you. i like firetrucks!!!???

You guys need to do a production run. Even the lens came out perfect.

1971 Mustang Grande, 351 Cleveland 2v, C6, 9"

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Weiand Xcelerator intake

-Long Tube Headers

-Boss Hogg "Street Bandit"

My Build

Thanks guys. Great praise coming from people I regard with high respect. It's truly not as much fun doing these projects until it can be shared. Especially with like minded people.

Side by side comparison

WOW! did I say WOW!?!

I love it. I am in line for a pair of those! Congratulations on your persistence!

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Great job buddy :)

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Might I add, there sure is a lot of time and energy spent on trying to modify these 71-73 tail lights, lol. Used to be , when I was younger, everybody put either 65 mustang tail lights or later, vega tail lights in all custom cars. Lol I guess I'm talking old school here, anyone else remember that?

I kinda remember that. Not meant to be a poke but I was still ridding my bike and playing cops and robbers.

I kinda remember that. Not meant to be a poke but I was still ridding my bike and playing cops and robbers.

Hahaha, I'm no poke, I remember before that, putting 39 ford and 51 Pontiac. Tail lights in custom cars too. Wow I even tried the ponts which I actually have a couple , in the stang.

Thanks again guys. I don't know if I mentioned it but I did find a local person that vacuum forms larger pieces than what fits into a standard kitchen oven. This oven is capable of fitting a 4x8 sheet into it. The man is willing to work with me in getting a rear glass made from my MDF buck Marco CNC for me. It may take 4 or 5 attempts to get a usable piece but it's still more cost effective than custom making my own oven only to potentially run into my own inexperience. The piece would possibly be too thick for the amount of suction I currently have and I'd lose too much detail. Should be a few weeks away before I can show you guys something but that's cool with me as long as there is something TO show. Fingers crossed it works in polycarbonate. Oh and I'd be looking into the "smoked" and not the clear so it's already tinted. Then I'd have to use one of the less perfect attempts to work out the 3M film I'd put on the outside to make it resistant to scratching. Once the shape is perfected we do it on the final piece wrap it and put it away for the great day that it goes into the finished car.

IMG_0222.thumb.JPG.c42db4525112f73003ebdf555309f4a8.JPGIMG_0250.thumb.JPG.eeb68e74e7c7bb8d33a99fddc39b22ae.JPGI thought I posted these two pics. Lens without the bezel surround. And sitting in the car with a couple of lights in the trunk for effect.

IMG_0381.thumb.PNG.b15d15c2a97aafed51615a0523f1807c.PNGHi all. I'm very pleased to tell you that Marco went ahead and made a buck that would be a direct retrofit to a stock 71-73 mustang. With that being said I went ahead and formed it this morning and once I did that I couldn't leave it alone. I then went ahead and painted it.

IMG_0391.thumb.PNG.fa45f07c3244ad355f59afe10a56ad98.PNGIMG_0390.thumb.PNG.706be55bed986aa7a834bf27dd4a5f47.PNGIMG_0389.thumb.PNG.a34b381a33dccc8af3e2b8b8f55a87b2.PNGThis is the result. We will be able to offer it this way. Also we will be able to have all three clear centres in red if that is preferred or red with only the center remaining clear for reverse. Should need to have nothing more than the rubber seal swapped out from your stock lens to this one. If there is interest, these can be made and sold since they are not what I will have on my build. The tail lights from my build  I will not be reproducing until my build is finished. Once Marco and I have a few sets made we will be happy to ship out to anyone who's interested. We haven't put a price to a pair yet but we'll discuss it after we get better idea  of time and materials.

To clarify, my own build has tail lights and a tail light panel that are not meant for a stock aplication. Cutting of the stock panel is needed.

I thought I posted these two pics. Lens without the bezel surround. And sitting in the car with a couple of lights in the trunk for effect.

so, on the bottom pic (just the lens) on 5/12, the "red paint" is applied to the textured back piece?

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

I hope I'm not confusing everyone. The top of the page is showing the back of my car with the tail light I made inside it. That whole set up is for my car only. It is a two pice construction. It's a completely different size and shape than stock but still looks reasonably stock. As I said that set up is meant only for my car. The lenses I posted today in the above pictures is a one piece thermal form that is a whole other design that was created for any 71-73 stock opening replacement. Nothing to do with my build. This is just so that anyone who was looking for something a little different for their car has something available now. Of course these LENS replacements are not tested to meet any standards so they are explicitly to be used off road on the race track. Not meant for road use. If you chose to use these on your daily drivers it will be at your own risk. They are so high tech in that they shine light through them, that they could potentially kill someone or whatever rule that doesn't allow them for road use. Seriously. The only way I can sell anyone a pair is if you comply with the rule of "off road use" If you tell me they're for your street car I can't sell them to you.

Hi Angelo,

I have not caught up with you in a while, but have been following your thread with interest.  First up, congratulations to yourself and Marco, with all your hard work on your project so  far. The whole thing is coming along fantastically, and you should be very proud of yourselves indeed.

My talking to you today, revolves around an interest in your tail light invention. I have just read your last post, and was very impressed with what you have come up with on the straight fit into stock 1,2,3 Mustangs. I myself could be a potential buyer from you at some stage, depending on the finished product and the cost of it. I did have a couple of basic questions for you though.  Was it your intention at any stage, to design the three separate surrounding red line sections, so that they themselves could be lit up as well as the center sections? Also, in your design, could  a buyer make use, and install the new sequencIal  LED lights that C J Pony sell, if they wanted to go that way?

Let me know what you think Angelo when you get a chance.

Many thanks,

Greg. :)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

The red line sections do light up. They were clear and then I painted the back of it with candy red paint which is translucent. They will definitely work with the led panel if it's the same flat panel that is made for our cars. The entire piece starts off life being completely clear. I chose to put those colours where you see them. The satin black is on the outside of the lens so that it appears satin. Anything painted from behind will always be the natural high gloss of the plastic surface. In other words if someone tells me they want the entire piece to be painted translucent candy red with no black details I can do that too. Don't think that would look good but it's doable if asked for.