WIDE-BODY KIT FROM SCRATCH

Thanks. That makes sense. Incoming air from the hood funneled to the carb inlet just like a RAM, and the exhaust hole provides an additional channel for the air to exit. In our unmodified hood we get a little bit of that effect as the air exits between the cowl and hood.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Ok not a 71-3 mustang but still cool for Ford lovers lol

That video may have sold me the car within hours of posting it which in turn loosened up some money to pick up the new GT350 and above all move on the 71. I’m already in talks with an experienced fabricator/ painter. In two weeks he’s coming to have a good look at my progress and will take the body from there to completion. Then we can finally assemble. I decided that I want the color of both cars to be the same. SHELBY 's Avalanche Grey. Need a few days to see if everything goes as planned or falls apart like things can at times.

C221-F7-AF-5-B5-D-429-B-B73-F-6-F0-DBDB15934.png

That video may have sold me the car within hours of posting it which in turn loosened up some money to pick up the new GT350 and above all move on the 71. I’m already in talks with an experienced fabricator/ painter. In two weeks he’s coming to have a good look at my progress and will take the body from there to completion. Then we can finally assemble. I decided that I want the color of both cars to be the same. SHELBY 's Avalanche Grey. Need a few days to see if everything goes as planned or falls apart like things can at times.

C221-F7-AF-5-B5-D-429-B-B73-F-6-F0-DBDB15934.png

What? So now your going grey on the The new 350 or the wide body

73 Coupe 302/c4 Project

65 Fastback Conversion Eleanor Project

sigpic53231_7.jpg

The plan is to get into a new Shelby in that colour. It’s only offered on the Shelby’s. However the repaint I want to do on the 71 would either be white or more than likely that same Avalanche grey.

0-DD22-ABB-4-F68-4102-8853-8-FC3-C74-D8-FA8.jpg

Well the Green monster is gone and replaced with this bad boy. Just left with selling the coupe and we are on our way with another big push on the 71

Very fortunate yes. I think, without sounding weird, my late dad had a hand in this. Both of us car guys and I feel he’s still here with me. I just turned 50 and therefore born in 68. ?

548-C1480-62-BB-4-A1-C-AACD-3-E1-D41521-FAB.jpg

Very cool!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

That's one of the units in my work space. Not my garage. I lease 3 units of 1500 soft each. One is my spray room the other one is the clean room and that one is my drying shipping and car build room. This way I literally don't have to watch paint dry. Car is always there for tinkering

Well the Green monster is gone and replaced with this bad boy. Just left with selling the coupe and we are on our way with another big push on the 71

Beautiful!

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

E4-BDE0-E7-CEBE-435-A-ABE6-1-AC572166977.jpg

22-C5-B839-0-ABB-4-BB5-884-B-AACB9-D7-FE32-B.jpg

02-A3-DFD5-9-C40-435-F-B936-84-D9-FE624-EB2.jpg

293-B56-D3-570-A-4616-BB20-7-DE586059-BCB.jpg

90966496-1-B3-F-40-A7-9397-E2-D303087-EBA.jpg

EA6109-A3-C638-4-FD2-9-D46-CD5-AB4-BF464-A.jpg

EF6-D555-F-3788-4-BC4-84-BD-741-BA1996-E46.jpg

079215-F6-269-F-4-B0-F-9384-5-BD1350-CDCED.jpg

The more I look at these two cars the more impressed I am at the similarities. All the new styling changes I made to the 71 you now find on the ‘15 and up. I drew them out in ‘13 and started working on the car in ‘14 so that’s cool. Then things like the front fender you can see how Ford stayed true to old designs you’d find on the 71 and not on 66-8 or 9 but 71-3.

Now I’m thinking I should score me a set of Shelby’s tips for my exhaust.

...so what happened to Avalanche Grey? ...still going to match the color schemes?

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Found this rare ruby red. Didn’t want red or stripes till I saw it and couldn’t say no to it. 71 is likely to get avalanche grey or white. Yet to make up my mind.

Found this rare ruby red. Didn’t want red or stripes till I saw it and couldn’t say no to it. 71 is likely to get avalanche grey or white. Yet to make up my mind.

My 2017 is ruby red. I love the color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2017 is ruby red. I love the color.

Right???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is the day I meet with Dean. Fingers crossed we are on the same page with the 71 and he takes on the body and painting over the next few months and we can get some serious advances happening. I got a tantalizing bit of info from Joe Desilva at Desilva racing. When I was there with the 17. He tells me he knows people at Ford that may want to put the 71 in their coral at SEMA once it’s done. YOU KIDDING ME!! It’s on baby. Not only will I get to scratch the trip to SEMA off my bucket list but to have something in the show.....man o man. An honour even if it gets no attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Today is the day I meet with Dean. Fingers crossed we are on the same page with the 71 and he takes on the body and painting over the next few months and we can get some serious advances happening. I got a tantalizing bit of info from Joe Desilva at Desilva racing. When I was there with the 17. He tells me he knows people at Ford that may want to put the 71 in their coral at SEMA once it’s done. YOU KIDDING ME!! It’s on baby. Not only will I get to scratch the trip to SEMA off my bucket list but to have something in the show.....man o man. An honour even if it gets no attention.

So how did it go?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

73 Coupe 302/c4 Project

65 Fastback Conversion Eleanor Project

sigpic53231_7.jpg

Hey buddy. So Dean would be the right guy. However, as it always goes, when your good your busy and that means I need to wait. Good news is that it’s not too long. He’s thinking he’d be able to take my car in sometime in January. He also figs about 3 months. So far I think we’re on the same page. Still need to discuss particulars but looking promising. I think once I have the car back and mostly assembled next spring I will look to involve potential sponsorship. Could take the build to its best possible presentation considering where it’s coming from.

Let us know. I will love to see your car out there. I am sure it will be a big hit.

• 1 year later...

806-FD8-D3-EFF3-43-D8-B896-2174314-C1-FB1.jpg

Hi all. Long time since I’ve been on. Left the car sitting for over 2 years to focus on other things. My interest in getting back on the car has been peeking and I’m in the gathering of parts mode. Thanks to my cousin, I scored this nice piece and did away with the FITECH. I’m looking forward to the snappy throttle response and a few added horses. Still need to get the Air Conditioning set up and full pulley set up to finish out the power plant. I’m just happy to get something going here again. Glad to be back chatting it up and enjoying all the hard work I’ve been browsing on through these builds as well.

• Like 1

806-FD8-D3-EFF3-43-D8-B896-2174314-C1-FB1.jpg

Hi all. Long time since I’ve been on. Left the car sitting for over 2 years to focus on other things. My interest in getting back on the car has been peeking and I’m in the gathering of parts mode. Thanks to my cousin, I scored this nice piece and did away with the FITECH. I’m looking forward to the snappy throttle response and a few added horses. Still need to get the Air Conditioning set up and full pulley set up to finish out the power plant. I’m just happy to get something going here again. Glad to be back chatting it up and enjoying all the hard work I’ve been browsing on through these builds as well.

Welcome back brofessor!

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::