help installing manifold and carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang Grande, 63000 miles restored interior and exterior new suspension, NASA hood, 4bl edelbrock carb and performer intake, new dual exhaust, undercoated
I currently have a 73 mustang Grande and it has 2v heads so I bought a 2v performer and a edelbrock 1406 carb and I thought I new what I was getting into until I seen all of these vacuum lines and and egr stuff obviously I don't want all of that on there can anybody help me out please.

Could you do me a huge favor and take a few pics of how you ran everything

Do I get rid of the egr valve because I have no idea where that goes on the new one

I'd love to help however when i got my car the emission and oem setup were long gone. I dont have power brakes but only vacuum i have is for the distributor advance which connects to the carb and the PCV line ran to the intake manifold itself. I also do not have a automatic trans so its a very simple setup.

Normally you can just remove all egr components just remember to block off the exhuast and block off any un-used vacuum lines/ports.

351C Vacuum Diagram Correct.gifWill this help? Not sure if it's for your specific model, but it is for a 1973 Mustang..

Hope this attachment works

Back