Scumbag gets just rewards...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

One of my shop managers calls me today, tells me a femake customer is screaming and yelling that we stole the $1000 radio out of her car while servicing it.

She dropped the car off this morning, a tech drove it in and clearly remembers that there was in fact a very nice pull-out, DVD-screen unit in the car.

After servicing the car, it is pulled out into the parking lot to await the customer's return.

Five hours later she shows up, and spends ten minutes or so inside her car, then gets out and is fumbling around on the ground with a huge satchel-type purse.

She then comes into the store, screaming and dropping "F"-bombs on everyone there, saying we stole her radio...my manager calls me immediately, I show up 5 minutes later.

As soon as I'm getting out of my truck, she approaches me in the parking lot with "Are you the MF'er that's buying me a new MF-ing radio!?"

With that introduction, I very calmly said: "Nope, I'm the guy that is calling the police so they can figure it out"...which I did.

The cops show up, take everyone's statement. my manager says he thinks she was fumbling around trying to put the radio in her purse before she accused us, we told that to the cops, they say they can't make her open her purse and they simply file a report.

I tell the cops in private that I have multiple discreet cameras inside and outside the property, and that I will be back in my office in the morning and I will get them a copy of the video to look at. They say OK to that.

I then leave the store, and drive about 20 miles away to drop my daughter off at Girl Scouts about an hour or so later.

What do I see in the parking lot at the Habeeb-store across the street? The very same customer's car.

I walk over there and very quickly look in the window and lo and behold...somehow the radio has found its way back into the car! (a quick-release DIN mount). This is about an hour after the incident at the shop, well after 6 pm.

I call the cop from his business card, fill him in, he laughs! He says he'll be there as quick as possible.

another cop shows up to detain her (different jurisdiction), the original cop shows up. He asks her where she got the radio, she had no answer. She got arrested for filing a false police report.

Good for her.

One of my shop managers calls me today, tells me a femake customer is screaming and yelling that we stole the $1000 radio out of her car while servicing it.

She dropped the car off this morning, a tech drove it in and clearly remembers that there was in fact a very nice pull-out, DVD-screen unit in the car.

After servicing the car, it is pulled out into the parking lot to await the customer's return.

Five hours later she shows up, and spends ten minutes or so inside her car, then gets out and is fumbling around on the ground with a huge satchel-type purse.

She then comes into the store, screaming and dropping "F"-bombs on everyone there, saying we stole her radio...my manager calls me immediately, I show up 5 minutes later.

As soon as I'm getting out of my truck, she approaches me in the parking lot with "Are you the MF'er that's buying me a new MF-ing radio!?"

With that introduction, I very calmly said: "Nope, I'm the guy that is calling the police so they can figure it out"...which I did.

The cops show up, take everyone's statement. my manager says he thinks she was fumbling around trying to put the radio in her purse before she accused us, we told that to the cops, they say they can't make her open her purse and they simply file a report.

I tell the cops in private that I have multiple discreet cameras inside and outside the property, and that I will be back in my office in the morning and I will get them a copy of the video to look at. They say OK to that.

I then leave the store, and drive about 20 miles away to drop my daughter off at Girl Scouts about an hour or so later.

What do I see in the parking lot at the Habeeb-store across the street? The very same customer's car.

I walk over there and very quickly look in the window and lo and behold...somehow the radio has found its way back into the car! (a quick-release DIN mount). This is about an hour after the incident at the shop, well after 6 pm.

I call the cop from his business card, fill him in, he laughs! He says he'll be there as quick as possible.

another cop shows up to detain her (different jurisdiction), the original cop shows up. He asks her where she got the radio, she had no answer. She got arrested for filing a false police report.

Good for her.
Great story! Hopefully more of the good guys come out ahead in the future!

Nice ending! Sounds like a classy lady.

lemme see..... Am I mistaken that we were discussing those same mean cops a few weeks ago for giving us a hard time when we want to kick it in our cars occasionally?

Oh when I say "same mean cops" he lives in my son-in-laws and daughters jurisdiction. So if this lady was arrested my son-in-laws employee/officer arrested her.

I know the feeling. We serviced a car at our shop about a month ago. Middle aged man just wanted a oil change and plug a tire. We do the work, he pays and then comes back 30 mins later and says.

"Hey I want back what y'all stole out of my car" confused I replied "ok, well what was stolen?" He proclaimed " you know damn well what was stolen and I better get it back" at this point I think I know what he had in his car. So I replied "well I'll call the local PD and you can tell them what we stole from your car" at this point the guys face turns boiling red and hauls away cursing and screaming.

I had a meeting with my guys and all of them admitted the guy seemed off his rocker. Unfortunately these things happen when in the auto repair business. I could write a book about the crazy stuff people try to get something for nothing.

Today for example a man came in very frustrated as started yelling at my guys for tightening his oil plug too tight and how he spent 3 hours trying to remove it last night and now it's FUBAR. I lift his pos van and lo behold there's another shops filter on the engine. I tell him I'm not touching it because we hadn't done the last oil change. Oh he change his tune then "oh my wife probably took it somewhere else" yeah, well after getting the bolt out (he used vice grips) the oil was so black and clumpy it was ridiculous. "Well I should have brought it here in the first place instead of me trying to F with it" was the last comment I heard before he drove away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose she did this to get out of paying your bill.
Well, I was prepared to comp her bill as I drove up out of customer courtesy, but her immediate aggresive attitude and foul language changed my mind right away. I had my autistic son with me at the time, and he gets very agitated and upset around yelling and anger, so I try to keep things calm for his sake. As I was trying to ask her to not use language like this for my son's sake, she could care less and kept "MFing" meand the shop and the employees.

My immediate reaction was no sympathy for her or her claims, no comp for her service and a call to the cops.

I used to try and reason with and calm down unruly customers, but the ones who act like this are most of the time just trying to run a scam on you. Legitimate customer comaints almost never begin with a screaming customer.

I don't even try to deal with unrrasonable customers anymore. I ask them once to leave the property, then call the cops immediately when they don't.

One funny anecdote that ALL jerk -off customers have in common: they all say very forcefully " I will NEVER come back here again!"...like that is some kind of threat or something. Why would I ever want them to return?

UPDATE:

This morning at 8 am a big, muscle-bound goon friend of the girl who got arrested showed up and said he was coming back at 9 am ( when the other employee from yesterday came to work today) " kick some ass" for getting the girl arrested. A quick phone call to the cops, and as the thug showed up at 9:10, two cop cars swarmed in, asked a few questions, and arrested him too. I think it was for assault, even though all he did was make threats.

I shake my head in disgust....

I know I should not comment like this, but I really can't help this. But my guess is the girl and the goon are freeloaders of some kind. It is the same ones you see in the store with a wad of csah for the booze and EBT card for the steaks and shrimp! I cannot say more than that for fear of deletion or banning!

I know I should not comment like this, but I really can't help this. But my guess is the girl and the goon are freeloaders of some kind. It is the same ones you see in the store with a wad of csah for the booze and EBT card for the steaks and shrimp! I cannot say more than that for fear of deletion or banning!
I think you pretty much covered everything and painted the picture rather well with what you did say - in a very effective manner. Fear not, Brutha! ;) :D

Nope, you are right: they are stereotypically the exact kind of persons you think they are.

She is a loudmouth bitch, and her friend is a muscle-bound, tatoo-covered juicer who thinks he is intimidating. He drives a Hummer with huge (22+") wheels and tires and a thumper sound system and obviously thinks he is a bad ass. Small-dick pea-brains like this are usually all bluster and noise.

My biggest peeve is when they act like an ass, " I'm never coming back" yet 3 months later, here they are all nice as can be. I have about 10 or so repeat customers that honestly wish would go somewhere else just because when they come they bring morale of the shop down either from previous visits or they just think we owe them or something. But at the end of the day we just shrug it off. Obviously some people just hate life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate such people.

Some of you may know I work for the lux railway company and before I was a dispatcher I used to sell tickets at the counter or stand on the platform wearing a uniform and watch security and give people information or help them with any other problems.

I like being kind to people and help them as good as I can but it someone starts with "are you the MF who...." I will immediately become the MF they think I am and not help them at all even if I could.

You choose the rules, I'll play along with them. :)

That explains by the way, why I chose to become a dispatcher. No contact to people. :)

UPDATE:

This morning at 8 am a big, muscle-bound goon friend of the girl who got arrested showed up and said he was coming back at 9 am ( when the other employee from yesterday came to work today) " kick some ass" for getting the girl arrested. A quick phone call to the cops, and as the thug showed up at 9:10, two cop cars swarmed in, asked a few questions, and arrested him too. I think it was for assault, even though all he did was make threats.

I shake my head in disgust....
Make sure your security cameras, alarms, locks, and other devices are in top working-order. I have a feeling you'll be hearing more from these low-lifes and/or their friends again. People like this seem to congregate in rather large herds with 'more-of-the-same.'

Back