• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Factory Aluminum Slots

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don61

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q Code
4 speed, 3.25 Trac-Loc
Yellow w/NASA Hood
Built 06/11/1973
My 1973 Mach 1 came with the factory aluminum slotted 14x6 wheels. Two of my wheels are pitted and I am looking for two factory Ford wheels in very good condition. Please let me know what you have and the price. Thanks.

Don

Sent them an e-mail. Thanks.

My 1973 Mach 1 came with the factory aluminum slotted 14x6 wheels. Two of my wheels are pitted and I am looking for two factory Ford wheels in very good condition. Please let me know what you have and the price. Thanks.

Don
what state do you live in?

Northeast PA.

Those pitted wheels can be restored to like new.. Very bad pitted wheels can be acid dipped at your local machine shop or glass beaded, then polished..

Deep scrapes and gouges can be filled with alumaweld, sanded and buffed. Bent wheels can be straightened by a specialty shop..

I've had that work done many times in my shop, (years ago). It saves originality and is less expensive in most cases than replacing them..

JMHO

Yeah, there's a couple companies here in Central Ohio that will completely refurbish alum wheels, and can even take out some really bad dents and such from hitting pot holes.

Aluminum is pretty malleable.

Back