Auto to Manual T5 Trans Swap 351C

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Coupe 351c
I'm going to do this swap soon and am doing research now.

I checked the archives and seems photos of clutch cable or hydraulic setup are expired now.

Hoping someone out there has done this and can share some photos.

Regards

Paul

Moderndriveline.com

They have everything you need or piece by piece. I haven't done this but I will and have heavily researched it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the cable setup on a TKO-600 from ModernDriveline. It's in my '68 Coupe but wasn't bad at all. I can take some pick this week.

I did this swap about two years ago. I used the cable set up from Modern Drive Line. I had a complete NWC T5. Below is a list of parts I needed to get to make the swap work. My 302W bolted right up to the T5 bell housing. Not sure if it bolts right up to a Cleveland.

-Clutch cable (MDL), worth it especially if you plan on upgrading to power brakes.

-157 tooth 28 oz fly wheel (MDL)

-10.5 inch clutch from a 1991 5.0 GT

-Starter (1985 mustang)

-flex plate (MDL)

-Transmission mount (1985)

-Cross member (aftermarket)

-28 spline slip yolk (1996 jeep cherokee) the slip yolk is used on many cars in production today so don't get fooled by aftermarket

There is about 1.5 inches of play at the slip yolk so modifying the drive shaft was not required.

PM is you have any questions.

Just like matrix, modern driveline. Send them an e- mail with what you have and what you want to do and they will send you an itemized list of what you need

Back