Where have you been ? photo's

hyena429

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EdM very interesting oil and gas right

Yeppers. Running in Samsung's shipyard in Korea now....

EdM very interesting oil and gas right

Yeppers. Running in Samsung's shipyard in Korea now....

Cool used to make hydraulic rams for Samsung and Daewoo shipyards. My uncle used to do surveying contracts at Samsung a fair while ago.

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

• 2 weeks later...

Wave Rock western Australia. Bit hard to show scale on this 1 so I have attached a link for anybody that may be interested

http://www.waverock.com.au/

2m2tj5s.jpg[/img]

otp8hg.jpg[/img]

This is a cool thread so many interesting pics kinda ruins the gearhead stereotype :)

kinda ruins the gearhead stereotype" LOL

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7wAo9nR5UfwWUJ4GiyhCsWSojflHlaNIG0rImEFCh4srnZeDE-g

From the bottom left corner, you see the largest of our buildings. As I progressed as a welder they moved me outside. From the left of the building to the right, you'll see barges on the rafts for completion of the deck to interior bulkheads. From those upper middle in the river we had 1 to 2 tugboats that I worked on...1976...the Maria J (I think is the name)...sold to Ingram Barge Company she STILL FLOATS...:huh: :cool:

huh back then it is what you would consider "tha hood" "n-town" "the projects". A very unsafe place all run down with some industrial integration. I lived about 2 miles from work. Interesting I don't recall one incident where I felt uncomfortable living in a 95% black neighborhood. Any of us that had a job and could "save UP" and buy a car would all gather on Sundays at the park and drink beer and wax our cars. GOOD TIMES!

One of my friends had a 67 SS, I had a 67 Firebird our black buddies drove Duce an ah Quatah's, Caddy's and but odd very few Lincolns.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQkmuc_VqkY5o-vfDEkRtSBDrqDeFo3mtaR8DuEUwD6ZE0S0Eqb

THIS is what my old workplace looks like today. .

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

• 3 months later...

Awesome pics everyone!! Been a while. " been some busy months for me" I found some of my real old navy pics the other day.

Below is a rare and impossible to find picture, Of the New Jearsy and Missouri side by side...I have tried to find other pics of this and i cannot... A site that will never be seen again..We was the last civillians let on the ship before they sent her off to dry dock for refit...If you noticed she still has all the old 40mm protective domes on.

img068.thumb.jpg.4584477d0f7bafab3d9b725af8b71385.jpg

img069.thumb.jpg.159409160c37f7444d3924c29af86c1d.jpg

img070.thumb.jpg.701cf3f8e00fa79003797de6ae6a22a9.jpg

img071.thumb.jpg.85e87f8dab644713b8cbf524dda9d3c0.jpg

img072.thumb.jpg.1492d15cb82692fa54d0d7cc056ae800.jpg

Neat before and after...I took this picture back in the late 70's....Next one around 2011-12ish.....Washington states stonehenge, i use to think it was quite spooky place!! Drove by it just a few years ago, and it all looks new now!!! i think i miss the spooky old look..lol

img074.thumb.jpg.35149da6f2db5493a834e7d60c92bb77.jpg

stonehenge.thumb.JPG.dc3f7159ea22f874e086f4ba61aba235.JPG

Where's that?

Down on the Washington/Oregon border...Right across from Biggs junction ...Was built in 1918 by Sam Hill, in honor of WW1 vets that died in klickitat county.

He also made a huge estate that is now a museum, a lot of famous celebs at the time helped with the dedication, Including the Queen of Romanian who gave them over 100 things for the museum...i got a pic of it back in the day too. Below is a picture i took back in the late 70's..same day i took the pic of stonehenge, they right close by.

img078.thumb.jpg.9fa8dab42cadb93a326b85bd1268ab51.jpg

Neat before and after...I took this picture back in the late 70's....Next one around 2011-12ish.....Washington states stonehenge, i use to think it was quite spooky place!! Drove by it just a few years ago, and it all looks new now!!! i think i miss the spooky old look..lol

Pretty cool. I'll have to take a trip there to see it.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Well worth the drive.. It is a nice drive anyways, good day trip that you can make it home with plenty of time...Plus biggs across the way if you need some cold drinks or something to snack on..if you go and got the room "tell me"..lol...would love to take some pics of it all with my new camera...and maybe we can get my cousin scott to roll down with his trans am...He just had to replace all the wiring under the dash...she almost caught fire!!...BTW..your white mach 1 would look amazing pulled up next too it..lol

Funny off topic...But you know back when i was a teen here...we had no 24 hour places to eat in the tri cities at all...our nutty arses would drive all the way down to biggs..just to eat 24 deli food at 2 in the morning!!...awww kids..lol

Well worth the drive.. It is a nice drive anyways, good day trip that you can make it home with plenty of time...Plus biggs across the way if you need some cold drinks or something to snack on..if you go and got the room "tell me"..lol...would love to take some pics of it all with my new camera...and maybe we can get my cousin scott to roll down with his trans am...He just had to replace all the wiring under the dash...she almost caught fire!!...BTW..your white mach 1 would look amazing pulled up next too it..lol

Funny off topic...But you know back when i was a teen here...we had no 24 hour places to eat in the tri cities at all...our nutty arses would drive all the way down to biggs..just to eat 24 deli food at 2 in the morning!!...awww kids..lol

I am up for it this summer. Should have enough miles on the car and confidence for a road trip. Maybe others in the area may want to join us.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

• 2 weeks later...

400979_1734568939502_664152146_n.jpg?oh=4567c48dfb0a357e3e9b035067658ad1&oe=5523BAAD

The thread title was "where have you been" Is pins and needles a place? This is the anniversary of me teaching my daughter to drive HER VERY FIRST TIME!!! yep and cool dad that I am...I chose to make it a memory she can never forget...driving a 67 Mustang convertible. 3 years later she is doing a good job.[/php]

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

The thread title was "where have you been" Is pins and needles a place? This is the anniversary of me teaching my daughter to drive HER VERY FIRST TIME!!! yep and cool dad that I am...I chose to make it a memory she can never forget...driving a 67 Mustang convertible. 3 years later she is doing a good job.[/php]

Great picture...And what a awesome memory to go with it.

I remember my dad letting me loose with my mach 1..he sure did give me a lecture on how much trouble i could get in..and how worried he was that my first car was a bit of a hot rod..lol..I promissed him i wouldn't ever do anything stupid in that car, It must of worked, i have a spotless driving record and i still got the car!! lol

thanks Hyena. she loved it and for a first drive she did well. I should add that she's not 3 years into driving well in THAT car. I gave her a 2010 Civic I would never give a teenager a cool car to ruin. Civic's are expendable.

Really cool shots you have in the back yard. We hope to take a vacation and go to the mountains sometime soon.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE

Freezing fog coming over the hills behind my house " think i took this start of winter this year" As a kid i use to think it was kinda spooky ;)

Cool pictures

nice shot ..... i should post one of me in my VAN:D

67 Diamond Blue Vert

DUDE