72' Mustang commercial from Venezuela

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what he said was....

Ford MooshTANG is the coolest car in the line up. You can deliver drugs faster in a Moosh Tang. You can go luxury with the coupe... or sporty with the fastback and if you take a chikeetah with you.... go in the convertible to avoid attention from the Federalies Only if a MooshTANG from Ford

From the looks of this ad, the Valencia, Venezuela plant didn't produce convertibles.

I rather like the use of the term "Grand Sport" to refer to the Sportsroof. It's a distinct enough term to clear up the "All Sportsroofs are Mach 1s!" misconception.

Did anyone notice that the Venezuelan cars use 1969 low-back seats stitched in the 1971 Deluxe pattern? May be an oddity of production there - or left-over pre-production 1971 cars. More than one car here on the forum is Venezuelan; might have to see if there are any interior pictures of those.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm dissapointed that they don't have Forda Mooshtunk Covertiblas.

:(

They don't know what they're missing.

Posting this again.....the official Ford Moose-stang tri-color emblem...

5MnGhiB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting, that was cool. There were several odd Fords built in Venezuela, I rode in a 2 wheel drive Bronco they built there, when I visited Venezuela. Never seen one before.

Also drove by the Ford plant in the 90's I think it closed down now.

Wonder how many Mustangs are still there...

I was born and raised in Venezuela, up in the Andes Mountains close to the Colombian border; makes me a citizen for life. As commercials go, especially for 1972, it was well done and very professional. It also stressed A/C as an option, which makes sense when you consider most of Venezuela's climate.

You can tell that FOMOCO had a lot to do with the "screen play" and basic approach. Otherwise, if left to themselves, it would have been "cheesy"---from an American perspective; but not to them, of course. Different cultures see and evaluate things differently.

Thanks for posting the commercial.

So was this where the "el grande" was imported from ? Ha

Funny that they use "Grande Sport" as a title for the fastback, even though it does not say that anywhere on the car. Maybe they are using that as a generic body-type description, like "coupe".

Funny that they use "Grande Sport" as a title for the fastback, even though it does not say that anywhere on the car. Maybe they are using that as a generic body-type description, like "coupe".
I doubt if that pronunciation or marketing term used the accented "E." Probably Gran Sport.

-Kurt

Back