Boss just sold on Mecum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't spot anything in the photos that point to an incorrect restoration. Of course, it's only 2 photos, with no pic of the interior or engine.

If all is correct, it seems a bit low. However, the car market has not recovered from the crash. No more 70K Boss 351 sales anytime soon, I'm afraid.

I've been watching for a 71 BOSS, I always find about the bargains after they're sold, not saying this one's a bargain but it's a much better deal than I could find when I was originally in the market. Looked for a couple of years, gave up and bought the M code fixer upper, right after I bought it and dumped some more money in it, a nice Boss came on the market that was a really good deal, I regret not waiting. But... the wife saw a 71 Mach1 at a car show and said we should get one of those, so with the green light I bought the one I now have.

The 71 BOSS's have to go up in value in the long run.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I am at the Mecum auction this weekend. I saw that Boss 351 car up close & personal. It had a lot of incorrect issues. Just to name a few, body color painted undercarriage, black gloss painted rear & hood black out, poor exhaust system, engine compartment incorrect and missing a lot of original equipment items. Body at a quick glance looked acceptable, but IMO had dark issues. A lot of Mustangs have been going through for stupid $$$. Not all have been selling, but reserves are high.......

Thanks, Jay

It drives me nuts when they say "body off restoration" on a unibody car.

That Boss does have the rev limiter though.

sometimes restomods fetch a lot more $$$ than originals... look at the low buck 67-69 6cyl Camaros turned into COPOs fakes/tributes or big inch restomods, fetching $50K to $100k... any car done right can get good bucks... originality isn't everything yet, it seems... maybe when these 7173s get 50 or 75 years old, they will get more respect... for now, most people don't understand Boss 351s... good, then, i have a chance to snap them up at better prices before they take off...

Back