parts roadtrip in the morning, several questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rottenralph

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Bright Lime green Mach 1. Has 351c 4v heads with Holley manifold and summit 650 cfm carb, power steering, Power disc front brakes, FMX 3 speed auto tranny, and A/C. The car sits on 17 inch Eleanor wheels with 225/45 front and 245/45 rear. Car is nice bust needs some love under the hood.
Heading out on a 200 mile roadtrip to buy a center console, honeycomb panel, taillights, and anything else worth buying. Prices are really good. Any particular parts I should look for that are valuable enough to make the trip worth while. Hoping to get working ram air parts too. Is there anything ultra hard to find that might pay for my trip???? He has two center consoles so I imagine I will get atleast one good one. Is there a holy grail part that I need to look for?

What is a 9 inch competition rear end? Sounds like something I should put in my car as well?

I have never been in the back of my car, are windows actually supposed to roll down? What kind of price do these parts usually get? The car pictured is a vert and roll down windows, is mechanism the same? Talked to guy and have pics of my initial parts list.

Just looked and saw power rear windows was an option rarely seen. I will see if he has them. Doubt it but you never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never been in the back of my car, are windows actually supposed to roll down? What kind of price do these parts usually get? The car pictured is a vert and roll down windows, is mechanism the same? Talked to guy and have pics of my initial parts list.

Just looked and saw power rear windows was an option rarely seen. I will see if he has them. Doubt it but you never know.
Apart from electric windows, fastbacks didn't come out with roll down quarter windows. But they were designed to, so the coupe mechanisms bolt right in to the fastback without any modifications required except to drill a hole for the winding handles in the rear trim piece. I would guess that a convertible window setup would be the same as a coupes, with only the shape of the window being different, and you'd be using your original quarter window anyway. If you do get the window mechanisms don't forget to unbolt the two angled "window stops" that are attached to the inner quarter panel.

Tutorial>>>>> http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1971-1972-1973-mustang-fastback-wind-down-quarter-window-conversion-tutorial

No side windows is a good look I reckon, and a very satisfying mod.

DBBCJ6l.jpg

Haaaaa well I ASSURE you if he has them and you give the slightest clue you want them or need them the price will jump 5 to 10 times the actual value. My car was delivered with them and I've been looking for original set ups for OVER 3 years...and I've been screwed over by the best of Mustang suppliers and individuals just because they KNOW i need them to keep my car original. Consequently my car is STILL not finished. I was quoted 1100 to 3500 JUST FOR SWITcHES and BEZELS!

so if you find said power windows... good luck and let me know.

Attachments

• small pick.jpg
    small pick.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 23
Glad ur happy w ur purchases rottenralph Any of u guys out here needin anything just let me know. Look forward to shootin the bull out here

I forgot I want the remote operated mirror out of the vert. See how it goes in Springfield, I will know by then if the guts on mine is in the door or not there. Thanks again Steve.

Glad ur happy w ur purchases rottenralph Any of u guys out here needin anything just let me know. Look forward to shootin the bull out here
Welcome to the site Ponymaster. Only thing I need is a working a/c compressor and possibly under dash ducts and power window stuff

Pretty sure the interior was white and I thought the drivers side looked remarkably good. I was looking because of the remote mirrors. Could have been a hallucination but not sure. Told him I would PM if I needed something.

Pretty sure the interior was white and I thought the drivers side looked remarkably good. I was looking because of the remote mirrors. Could have been a hallucination but not sure. Told him I would PM if I needed something.
I'm in if that's true. I'll look for his reply here before I PM him. Thanks!

I will shoot him a text.

Several members provided good options but I wanted the console so I thought I would make the road trip first and see what he had. He has a lot of parts and a whole bunch of parts specific knowledge as well. Says he has white, suppose I am out of it now.

Rotten ralph. Ok on the mirror. Ill keep u in mind on it. Thx

Rpm carter. Id have the ac ductwork for sure

I have a complet ac system out bein all the

Ducts an under dash heater/ac box. Id take $100

For all of it. No compressor. Sorry

73 vert project. The vert he seen yes has white interior

It now has black standard panels in it. I do have a set

Of deluxe white door panels that r decent. One has the

Cardboard on back cracked on back where carpeted area

Starts. Theres no trim cups pulls or anything on them

I have sum that need cleaned an somebody else is askin

Bout them as well. Just let me know what exactly ur needin