The Mustang that never was...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 seater mustang...win!!

This cut and paste job... Fail!!

Having owned a 65 that prototype is blasphemy, hideous, and looks funky as hell.

My opinion aside though, a 2 seater mustang should have been made. With a proper engineering and design team I think It would have been great.

For this model they should have gave it the more traditional fastback styling, changed the lower rear quarters and made interior and doors smaller instead of just cutting inches off of the full sized units.

It looks like a barracuda and a 240z mated and this was the result.

Never liked it. The feeling seems to be mutual wherever the car is mentioned.

Proportions were off on the general idea, and the outward taper of the rear fastback ruins it twice over.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to like it but it is a crap execution of a good idea. I would love to own it because it is probably worth a crap ton of money but it is ugly as hell from the windshield back.

There is one of those in a garage right around the corner from me. The guy has early onset alzheimers.
Might be an opportune time to buy it - not only to add a car to the collection, but to prevent him from hurting himself (and others) when he begins to think himself fit enough to drive - when reality is far from it.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
No good for me either: The Mustang is, and always should be a 2-door 4 passenger vehicle. Buckets in front, floor shifter, rear bench, front engine.

There should never be a 4-door version ( hello, Charger?).

The Mustang should never be a shortened version of a full size car ( hello Challenger?)

The Mustang should NEVER be front-wheel drive import ( Hello Probe? Whew...that was close!)

Stick with the original configuration, and the Mustang will always shine on!

well then the 2014 mustang is the last one then since 2015 is suppose to be IRS

Well there was a very popular two seater 1965 Mustang:

The 1965 G.T. 350 had a full size spare tire mounted in place of rear seats, making it a 2-seat-only vehicle (to be allowed to race under SCCA regulations as "sports car")

65 Shelby LA.jpg

Ray

Who said anything about IRS not being OK in a Mustang? It is still RWD, as original.

Front engine, RWD, 2 door coupe, 4 seats...throw in the "long hood, short deck" proportions and you've got a possible Mustang.

The fact that Ford was so far along in thier plan to cancel the FOX and put the "Mustang" name on the car that became the "Probe" shows how horribly and completely out of touch with the public's tastes a big corporation can get.

For all of thier successes, they have made some horrific blunders:

1) Edsel

2) 80-82 Tbird/ Cougar

3) 89 Thunderbird...the car that ultimately killed the 'bird

4) Mustang II...sucessful only by accident.

5) Ford sticking with full-size cars through the end of the 70s, when downsized was selling. The MkVs and LTDs sat like anchored to the showroom floors up to 1980.

All examples of not listening to the public.

That is not a "real" Mustang to me, just a marketing exercise to get the name before the public. Has literally nothing to do with a production Mustang.

If that car was made for the public, it probably would have sold very poorly.

Back