C6 transmission

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endroman

Reaction score
I am going to be rebuilding my C6 transmission in my 1971 Mustang Mach 1 that has a 351 Cleveland. What are everyone's thoughts of putting a stall in it instead of the torque converter? I think older cars with stalls sound so much better. I only use the car to cruise around in no drag racing. Also while I have the tranny apart does anyone recommend replacing anything else? Thanks for the advice!

I am going to be rebuilding my C6 transmission in my 1971 Mustang Mach 1 that has a 351 Cleveland. What are everyone's thoughts of putting a stall in it instead of the torque converter? I think older cars with stalls sound so much better. I only use the car to cruise around in no drag racing. Also while I have the tranny apart does anyone recommend replacing anything else? Thanks for the advice!
Read this FAQ http://www.converter.com/faqs.htm#stall_speed and then give us some specifics on the drive train and intended use. We'll try to help. Chuck

Back