• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The thread, I didn't want to post...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not really sure how to start this thread, but I figured sharing the link may help me find a buyer sooner. I recently listed my 1972 Ford Mustang Mach1 on Classic Auto Trader. Please share it with anyone that may be in the market for such...As far as the reasoning and such goes, it's more of a financial decision at this point in time. And beyond that, I am looking to take bigger steps with my girlfriend in the next year or so, and I'd like to put myself in a better financial position to do so. It's hard though, due to the fact that the 71-73 Mach1 is a car that stands above all cars in my personal opinion....But I can promise you, I WILL own another at some point in time.

The link below is for my Auto Trader listing. And I will pay a finders fee to any one who refers someone that comes and purchases the vehicle. I'm limited with photos and words on that listing so if someone needs additional details, they can contact me.

Thanks.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1972-Ford-Mustang-1638456.xhtml?conversationId=384713

Just a couple additional photos...(the last one is of myself and HENRY FORD III checking out the car)

20140425_185222-1.jpg

IMG_12039619451511.jpeg

20140427_151303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope for a speedy return of another classic down the road.

Was just looking at your interior pics and asked mysfelf, "How did that 6" display deck get installed in the dash?" is there a write up for that deck install? Just curious.

Sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers and hope for a speedy return of another classic down the road.

Was just looking at your interior pics and asked mysfelf, "How did that 6" display deck get installed in the dash?" is there a write up for that deck install? Just curious.
Thank you. And as far as the indash screen goes. That's a good question. I haven't done a write up nor have I seen one on here but I was lucky to find a guy at the stereo place on bought it from, who works on old car stereos a lot and knew how to make that one work. Fortunately the original system was already out of the vehicle prior to me buying this car, so it allowed me the ability to see how different ones would fit. I can provide you some more specifics and the exact dash model number I got when I get home. I can get some really cool pics of what it can do as well.

Wow Tom! I hope you thought this threw. Your mach 1 is real nice car!

Does your girl friend know you your thinking of selling?
Thanks Mike....yes, we have been discussing it. She says it's up to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Tom! I hope you thought this threw. Your mach 1 is real nice car!

Does your girl friend know you your thinking of selling?
The mustang will be cheaper to maintain in the long run ! rofl

Yup..Sometimes you will regret selling, but sometimes you will regret not selling. It is just a car in the long run and i'm sure you are doing what is best for you..Good luck on the sale man.

Gave up my 69 in 1987 regretted that move till I got my 73 in 2013.
I listened well to every old guy who would, with distant thought, say, " I wish I'd kept that car," and I remember around 1987ish a fiery little blonde setting her stake by telling me, "you love that car more than you do me, it's me or the car"... well, I still have the car. Don't know who has the girl. :)

Gave up my 69 in 1987 regretted that move till I got my 73 in 2013.
I listened well to every old guy who would, with distant thought, say, " I wish I'd kept that car," and I remember around 1987ish a fiery little blonde setting her stake by telling me, "you love that car more than you do me, it's me or the car"... well, I still have the car. Don't know who has the girl. :)
Lol...yes, I hear that as well at least once a week. I know for the most she is really kidding though. She knows what this car has meant to me in the few years I've had her. But I'd rather have someone take this car then this girl.....ask me that question again in about ten years but I'm confident my answer will be the same. I just want the car to go to a good home....the only other thing she says is, what car are we gonna use as the 'getaway car' when that 'big day' comes.....my response, "I know a few fellas on a website who would love to loan their car out for a few photo ups and some free beer ;) "

One of two things are going to happen. 1 Your going to look back wish you never sold it. 2 Or you will look back and think that car gave you and Pairs a great kick start in life.:cool: Just don't give on the thought of replacing it one day. Good luck

Mike.

Back