Edelbrock carb installed! Woohoo!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1chick

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 429 AT power windows, Ac, rear defrost.......PURPLE!
I installed the Edelbrock 750 that I found last weekend (very clean, for $180!), and man, what a huge difference from that old 4300 (although I did have that one professionally rebuilt).

Now this 429 gets up off her ass and MOVES!

Flashlight Drags is on the 16th...I think I will do a LOT better this time!

I installed the Edelbrock 750 that I found last weekend (very clean, for $180!), and man, what a huge difference from that old 4300 (although I did have that one professionally rebuilt).

Now this 429 gets up off her ass and MOVES!

Flashlight Drags is on the 16th...I think I will do a LOT better this time!
Yep, I saw a big difference also when took my 4300 off and put a Edelbrock Thunder Series on, but I went with a 650 for the 351C. Plus now I don't have the mysterious gas fume smells. I had my 4300 also professionally rebuilt but the Edelbrook is night and day difference.

Jim

I have a new Summit carb on my 351C but it ran better with Holley when it is not flooding and hard as hell to start. I will get a 4106 next week and give that a try. Setting floats with site windows is a lovely feature. Hoping Fuel economy gets better too. This baby drinks like an elephant.

I have an old 4 barrel Holley on my 351c. I have bubbling when I step on the gas. I have not checked the timing yet. Should I put up with a rebuild kit? Or get a new carborator? I know rebuilding a carborator is a huge pain...

Also, I have slipping in my automatic transmission going from 2-3... Just replaced fluid and filter with amsoil atf and in order to get it to shift I have to let go of the throttle all the way and wait for it to shift itself... Anoying... Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an old 4 barrel Holley on my 351c. I have bubbling when I step on the gas. I have not checked the timing yet. Should I put up with a rebuild kit? Or get a new carborator? I know rebuilding a carborator is a huge pain...

Zach... I also heard that rebuilding my holley would be a real pain. I've got to tell you it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. And it really made a big difference in the performance of my car. There are some great videos on YouTube if you've never rebuilt a carb before. This was my first rebuild. Good luck!

Zach... I also heard that rebuilding my holley would be a real pain. I've got to tell you it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. And it really made a big difference in the performance of my car. There are some great videos on YouTube if you've never rebuilt a carb before. This was my first rebuild. Good luck!
Ok thanks, I'll have to start with that, I was more or less wondering if anyone knows how much better an edlbrock carb would be than a Holley, if at all. I have an edlbrock intake, did they make a specific carb ment for those intakes?

Zack,

You'll get lots of different opinions on which brand of carb is better. I have very little experience messing with carbs. There are lots of folks on this forum that can better serve you with recommendations. I have heard and read on this forum that edelbrock carbs are easier to set up and tune. My only experience is with holley carbs and it really was easy to rebuild mine and get the car running great. That is why I responded to your previous post recommending a rebuild. If you try something you've never done before and end up needing help, you'll get it here. I have this edelbrock intake:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2665/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710763240&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848151&cadevice=m&gclid=Cj0KEQiAm_eiBRCWgIfq9pK1nZsBEiQAGqUcSQnmEp90oktRljzTQXMvMGV4ju-CebVG3AmHwe63GsMaAlUA8P8HAQ

Good luck!

Zack,

You'll get lots of different opinions on which brand of carb is better. I have very little experience messing with carbs. There are lots of folks on this forum that can better serve you with recommendations. I have heard and read on this forum that edelbrock carbs are easier to set up and tune. My only experience is with holley carbs and it really was easy to rebuild mine and get the car running great. That is why I responded to your previous post recommending a rebuild. If you try something you've never done before and end up needing help, you'll get it here. I have this edelbrock intake:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2665/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710763240&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848151&cadevice=m&gclid=Cj0KEQiAm_eiBRCWgIfq9pK1nZsBEiQAGqUcSQnmEp90oktRljzTQXMvMGV4ju-CebVG3AmHwe63GsMaAlUA8P8HAQ

Good luck!
Thanks! I think in that case I'll rebuild this one and go from there

Back