introducing myself and my mustang. 73-1/2 Mexican Sprint

rmillan-sal

I am restoring it and if you could tell me where I can find original parts I will appreciate it.

I need interior parts, dash, covers and A/C

this is a Mustang 1973, 351, sports roof sprint edition.

thank you very much.

1641306217_lafoto41.JPG.8e880e2561172ad076602682eb56ab48.JPG

797619627_lafoto42.JPG.771a20db6d9eb296d91d6eff3705a95f.JPG

663201218_lafoto43.JPG.2984dc01f284f3d53e15c3ef1ce4214e.JPG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Those Mexican Sprints are very cool cars...not too much information exists about them online. Please share anything you have and lots of photos. I'm diggin' it.

Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

spacer.png

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Your car appears to be pretty original for a 73 Mexican Sprint sportsroof/fastback. There are a few threads listing them on this forum.

Here is one:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-73-mach1-made-in-mexico

Enjoy! Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome:: That's a really unusual paint scheme, but I kinda like it.

As far as finding parts for these cars, Don at Ohio Mustang Supply is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy. He should have most everything you need.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome to the club from northern Nevada. That is definitely a unique paint scheme. Glad to have you here!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Welcome from CA!

Nice Ride I like the Paint Work!

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

Hola from Phoenix. That's a great looking car. I am glad you found this site.

Finding 'original' parts will be hard. You might see something for sale that is factory NOS on Ebay and such.

The dash pads that are aftermarket but 'ford tooling' are very good quality and look just like the original.

Mexico Sprint seat covers are probably not available. And it is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like your interior door panels are different. How about some more pics!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Mexico Sprint seat covers are probably not available. And it is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like your interior door panels are different. How about some more pics!

Mexican Sprint door panels are indeed different - they have more of a cougar look to them. They also came with 351W engines. White with four different accent colors were available - green, reddish orange, brown and light blue. Ive not seen a light blue one yet. All have white interiors with matching accent color that I've found in my research. Yours doesnt have it now but they came with a big Mach 1 sticker on the rear quarters. I really like the color scheme. Very cool cars!

spacer.png

Rafael: Vive la Mexico! Muy Bienvenido at ti y su "caballo". Muy bonita. Me gusta mucho. Aqui hay mucho informacion para los que tienen 71-73 Mustangs. Bienvenoido de Florida, EEUU. timoteo

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

I am restoring it and if you could tell me where I can find original parts I will appreciate it.

I need interior parts, dash, covers and A/C

this is a Mustang 1973, 351, sports roof sprint edition.

thank you very much.

I have the base ram air and a plenum and magnum w500 wheels w/never used 15 inch white wltr googrich tires and...just have to tell me what looking fop

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

That is a little gem you have there. Beautiful!

Incidentally, is is just me, or does Mexican production use the thicker 1969 seat frames?

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

I really like the paint job. Nice car.

Bright lime 72 Mach 1 with 351C 4V, with summit 600 carb(have a Holley too), Edelbrock dual-plane manifold, Hooker headers, 3 inch exhaust with flowmasters, 17 inch Eleanor wheels, FMX tranny, A/C, P/S, front disks and 350 rear gear. Drive it to work every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car! Paint scheme on hood to door panels to roof panel reminds me of Maier's and other Trans-Am / SCCA 7173 race cars of the early 70s... Red rocker panels would set it off real nice imho for the Mexican Sprint theme, as opposed to the US Sprint theme, but what do i know...?

• 2 months later...