introducing myself and my mustang. 73-1/2 Mexican Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmillan-sal

Reaction score
My Car
Mustang 1973 Sprint Edition, 351
I am restoring it and if you could tell me where I can find original parts I will appreciate it.

I need interior parts, dash, covers and A/C

this is a Mustang 1973, 351, sports roof sprint edition.

thank you very much.

la foto 41.JPG

la foto 42.JPG

la foto 43.JPG

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Those Mexican Sprints are very cool cars...not too much information exists about them online. Please share anything you have and lots of photos. I'm diggin' it.

Be sure to add a pin to our Member Map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome:: That's a really unusual paint scheme, but I kinda like it.

As far as finding parts for these cars, Don at Ohio Mustang Supply is a really knowledgeable and helpful guy. He should have most everything you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola from Phoenix. That's a great looking car. I am glad you found this site.

Finding 'original' parts will be hard. You might see something for sale that is factory NOS on Ebay and such.

The dash pads that are aftermarket but 'ford tooling' are very good quality and look just like the original.

Mexico Sprint seat covers are probably not available. And it is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like your interior door panels are different. How about some more pics!

Mexico Sprint seat covers are probably not available. And it is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like your interior door panels are different. How about some more pics!
Mexican Sprint door panels are indeed different - they have more of a cougar look to them. They also came with 351W engines. White with four different accent colors were available - green, reddish orange, brown and light blue. Ive not seen a light blue one yet. All have white interiors with matching accent color that I've found in my research. Yours doesnt have it now but they came with a big Mach 1 sticker on the rear quarters. I really like the color scheme. Very cool cars!

I am restoring it and if you could tell me where I can find original parts I will appreciate it.

I need interior parts, dash, covers and A/C

this is a Mustang 1973, 351, sports roof sprint edition.

thank you very much.
I have the base ram air and a plenum and magnum w500 wheels w/never used 15 inch white wltr googrich tires and...just have to tell me what looking fop

That is a little gem you have there. Beautiful!

Incidentally, is is just me, or does Mexican production use the thicker 1969 seat frames?

-Kurt

I really like the paint job. Nice car.

Back