Clean 71 Torino WAGON 43k miles

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4606038623.html

00404_hlbTuaKfYVY_600x450.jpg.82161aba26aa1cc1f1956b2d877e1203.jpg

Not a Mustang but a really neat ride/cruiser. I know those Magnums aren't original for that car but they sure look good.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

It looks nice, but it is a wagon, not a Ranchero. I also doubt if it has the 9" rear end with the 6 cylinder engine.

• Like 1

It looks nice, but it is a wagon, not a Ranchero. I also doubt if it has the 9" rear end with the 6 cylinder engine.

Yep. Thanks - I was posting, cutting and pasting too many at once.

Corrected!

About the 9 inch in a 71 Torino - see this info. I'm not sure how creditable this article is...

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2007/04/01/hmn_feature26.html

"The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight from the factory."

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Really nice looker - in a great scheme too - but I can't help but be on the fence about the styling of these. The bodyside and front end of the Galaxie platform were nicely reskinned for the 1970's, but the roofline - hardly changed from its originator, the 1966 Galaxie - is too incongruous to mesh well with the rest of the design. The 429 car I saw in person reflected this.

The '69 Galaxie looked a lot better by comparison. Now there's a looker:

69fordwagon3-2-623x389.jpg

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

That would be a blast for a long roof DD

Yes it would! I have an extra 351c 4v with closed chamber heads and top loader sitting in my garage ready to go. The wife would KILL me though...I've already asked on a previous wagon. She said NO way would she ever ride in it.

spacer.png

Corrected!

About the 9 inch in a 71 Torino - see this info. I'm not sure how creditable this article is...

"The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight from the factory."

Ray

That is interesting. I used to have a 70 Torino with 302 and it had an 8" rear end. I guess that changed the next year.

Corrected!

Ray

That is interesting. I used to have a 70 Torino with 302 and it had an 8" rear end. I guess that changed the next year.

Agreed - I did not know until I found that article. I had two Torino Cobras (both big block cars) but they both had trac loc 9" 31-spline rears.

I would think as you - a 6 cyl car would not be equipped with a "race ready" 9 inch rear as the article mentions. Weird and interesting.

Again - thanks for making me dig a little! I need the exercise!!! :)

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I know where there is a 69 Hurst Olds wagon slowly turning to dirt in a carport. :(

Now that would be cool.:cool:

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

Yes it would! I have an extra 351c 4v with closed chamber heads and top loader sitting in my garage ready to go. The wife would KILL me though...I've already asked on a previous wagon. She said NO way would she ever ride in it.

No wagon? Ask her if you can get an old ambulance conversion ;)

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.