Clean 71 Torino WAGON 43k miles

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks nice, but it is a wagon, not a Ranchero. I also doubt if it has the 9" rear end with the 6 cylinder engine.

It looks nice, but it is a wagon, not a Ranchero. I also doubt if it has the 9" rear end with the 6 cylinder engine.

Yep. Thanks - I was posting, cutting and pasting too many at once.

Corrected!

About the 9 inch in a 71 Torino - see this info. I'm not sure how creditable this article is...

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2007/04/01/hmn_feature26.html

"The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight from the factory."

Ray

Really nice looker - in a great scheme too - but I can't help but be on the fence about the styling of these. The bodyside and front end of the Galaxie platform were nicely reskinned for the 1970's, but the roofline - hardly changed from its originator, the 1966 Galaxie - is too incongruous to mesh well with the rest of the design. The 429 car I saw in person reflected this.

The '69 Galaxie looked a lot better by comparison. Now there's a looker:

69fordwagon3-2-623x389.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be a blast for a long roof DD
Yes it would! I have an extra 351c 4v with closed chamber heads and top loader sitting in my garage ready to go. The wife would KILL me though...I've already asked on a previous wagon. She said NO way would she ever ride in it.

Corrected!

About the 9 inch in a 71 Torino - see this info. I'm not sure how creditable this article is...

"The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight from the factory."

Ray
That is interesting. I used to have a 70 Torino with 302 and it had an 8" rear end. I guess that changed the next year.

Corrected!

Ray
That is interesting. I used to have a 70 Torino with 302 and it had an 8" rear end. I guess that changed the next year.
Agreed - I did not know until I found that article. I had two Torino Cobras (both big block cars) but they both had trac loc 9" 31-spline rears.

I would think as you - a 6 cyl car would not be equipped with a "race ready" 9 inch rear as the article mentions. Weird and interesting.

Again - thanks for making me dig a little! I need the exercise!!! :)

Ray

Yes it would! I have an extra 351c 4v with closed chamber heads and top loader sitting in my garage ready to go. The wife would KILL me though...I've already asked on a previous wagon. She said NO way would she ever ride in it.
No wagon? Ask her if you can get an old ambulance conversion ;)

-Kurt

Back