My 72 Q code conv

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
Here is my invoice from Lois Eminger (now Marti):

72 Conv Invoice_a.jpg

The strange thing about the car is the standard driver's side door mirror vs dual racing mirrors. I almost changed it to the racing mirrors. Sure glad I didn't now! :) I have heard there was a production shortage toward the end of the production year of racing mirrors and they decided to equip late 72 convertibles with the standard chrome one. Not completely understood but I am still looking!!!

Ray

That's a nice one Ray! I hope to see it in person some time when I get to OKC again. We have training scheduled for Norman this fall, I'm not sure if I'll get that trip, I hope so though. I'd have to build in more time to visit with you and Chuck.

Nice car Ray!!

I think me and you have gone back and forth about the single chrome mirror a few years back.
Yes. Thanks Iyman!

We might have to re-open this door mirror discussion in a new thread.

:)

I'd like to learn as much as I can. My car is very unmodified. And the few things that are wrong are easily corrected. I'm working on putting things back as close to 100% as possible.

Ray

Very well optioned car. I would leave it as is. Dumb question but where did you get that report? I'd like to see one for my car. Thanks for sharing.
Never a dumb question! :)

Marti sells them - looks like they'd be $55.00 for your car.

http://www.martiauto.com/eminger2.cfm

Ray

re: only place to get onto your site, I know of, re: cleveland motor efi tune up,....confirmed 1300 idle and whether I like it or not, a xado.com motor alteration protectant treatment in the oil for 1,000 driving will have it up to the par for my having a Lunati hi pro flat camshaft in the works w/the motor rebuild to bring the compression up to the minimum required, from 9.5 from said rebuild to 10.0 then sadly, replacing the tank w/a baffle and vented one and she will be all ready for a long distance, that is, 200 mile max dry run on my AAA service in case needed for a tow, or w/in the same time frame, making 5 200 mile trips w/in a week end then taking it in or the oil treatment drain and replacing it w/some good honey w/zinc. (into my 7 quart baffled Canton oil pan that replaced the Boss oil pan)

re: only place to get onto your site, I know of, re: cleveland motor efi tune up,....confirmed 1300 idle and whether I like it or not, a xado.com motor alteration protectant treatment in the oil for 1,000 driving will have it up to the par for my having a Lunati hi pro flat camshaft in the works w/the motor rebuild to bring the compression up to the minimum required, from 9.5 from said rebuild to 10.0 then sadly, replacing the tank w/a baffle and vented one and she will be all ready for a long distance, that is, 200 mile max dry run on my AAA service in case needed for a tow, or w/in the same time frame, making 5 200 mile trips w/in a week end then taking it in or the oil treatment drain and replacing it w/some good honey w/zinc. (into my 7 quart baffled Canton oil pan that replaced the Boss oil pan)
From what I can tell - looks like you are going to take your Mustang on a long trip. I hope it is a safe trip and you don't have to use the AAA service.

Have fun.

Ray

From what I can tell - looks like you are going to take your Mustang on a long trip. I hope it is a safe trip and you don't have to use the AAA service.

Have fun.

Ray
Ray, I would love to think that but Dec 3 last year got it back from this well known shop my way that supposedly had a tweaking out of the electric parking brake with the conversion of power disc front and rear to replace the drum assembly but all turned out to be more of a twerking dance on their part as they told me it brakes fine but just off the lot and onto the immediate highway when found no brakes, ie to find the cotter pin to the brake panel was broken by them as well, if it did not end up stopping via running off road, up a couple curbs, and trashing this guys front yard, in having no choice but a barrage of trees to an immediate hill to halt the vehicle going down a hill, only @ 50 yards from those trees. If the cotter pin was good, then, would have badly scored the rotors. As would be expected, the suspension and underneath got trashed badly and the fittings on the rear brakes became such a bad leaking problem, had to be rebuilt to the tune of any additional 3,000 dollars as well another ? for the bill at the dyno tune shop.

Back