Gold Coast, QLD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoopy Coupe

Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs but have 2 Falcon Hardtops.
Don't have a 71-73 Mustang but have always liked these cars since first seeing them in 1971. Have the Aussie equivalent in a 1973 and a 1976 Falcon Hardtop that borrow heavily in styling from the American Torino and Mustang. One of the Falcon Hardtops is used for charity runs, or 'bashes' as they are known and that one is the black 1976 XB Falcon Hardtop that has a Mad Max Interceptor theme. The other Falcon Hardtop is in the process of being restored.

This pic is of my Falcon Hardtop Mad Max Interceptor replica.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have a 71-73 Mustang but have always liked these cars since first seeing them in 1971. Have the Aussie equivalent in a 1973 and a 1976 Falcon Hardtop that borrow heavily in styling from the American Torino and Mustang. One of the Falcon Hardtops is used for charity runs, or 'bashes' as they are known and that one is the black 1976 XB Falcon Hardtop that has a Mad Max Interceptor theme. The other Falcon Hardtop is in the process of being restored.

This pic is of my Falcon Hardtop Mad Max Interceptor replica.
Welcome! Nice cars, too. Always like the Falcons ever since seeing The Road Warrior. Done some work on a friends Goss Special. Everyone I talked to thought it was a Torino, except the one guy who was convinced it was a fastback Cuda....

Welcome.

I love the Aussie Falcon - no doubt because I loved my 70 GT Torino and my 73 Mach 1.

I am sure there would be quite a few on this side that would trade car for car, Mach 1 for Aussie Falcon.

Great cars, now I finally know what they used in the Road Warrior. The orange car totally looks like a Torino.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Rhode Island USA. I have always loved those Falcons.

It is what you get when you cross a Torino and a Mustang and make it right hand drive.

Ron

it's the last of the V8 interceptors! love it! can't wait for the new Road Warrior coming out next year... a friend's son in Australian worked on some of the animation CGI parts in the film... just got my 1972 running in decent in 2014 and the new Road Warrior film debuts next year... i first saw the Road Warrior in 1982, then bought my 72 a year later in 1983... strange timing... cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back