Coupe door glass and Cougar the same?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
Anyone know for sure if 7173 Mustang Coupe door glass is the same as the 7173 Cougar?

Not sure if they do with manual cranks - but the power windows do, I believe (most Cougar interior pictures I've seen seem to have the same power window switch set-ups as our cars - 5 switches on the driver door).

If you're wanting roll-up quarters, the regulators, brackets and hardware from coupes and 'verts will bolt right in to the fast backs. I just did mine this past weekend, and aside from still needing a bit of adjustment (to free up the action - they're tight) they work great!

Yes, Cougars do have crank down quarter glass.
+1

We have a handful of Cougars. Hardtops and verts. All rear quarter windows rolled down both power and crank on Cougars unlike the stang.

A little off topic but I had intentions of building a Cougar fastback at one point. Front click and doors from the Cougar. Rear half from a stang. Other better projects got in the way. Would be different for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back