ANOTHER ridiculous custom job..

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback (Factory sprint, but now a bright red Mach 1)
351c 2v(big ol cam, holley dominator intake, roller set, edelbrock 4bbl)

fmx
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently was once an 8 second car. I dont know if its the ridiculous side skirts or the 2 spoilers that shaved off the extra seconds.::goodjob::

BUUUT, It'll be MINT if you put in another rod that it apparently threw and paint it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Mach-1-1971-Ford-Mustang-Mach-I-Fastback-2-Door-7-0L-/151378786391?forcerrptr=true&hash=item233ee0f857&item=151378786391&pt=US_Cars_Trucks
Look at the bidding (despite the seller's lousy reputation), then look at the engine. Though I'm not well up enough on these cars to tell, that may be a C-code 429 Mach 1. Judging by the interest in bidding, I wouldn't be surprised.

Call the seller up and ask for the first couple of digits of the VIN.

Once you peel off all the fiberglass, one could have something of considerable interest there...

-Kurt

And don't forget, it comes with a cassette tape player. :p
You mean the two rear wings don't account for anything? ;)

Honestly, I'd love to see that car do an 8-second run. Ought to be fun to see all the fiberglass peel off at 130mph. Easy restoration! rofl

-Kurt

I called the guy for the vin number.

Conversation went like this:

Seller: Hello?

Me: "Hey! I had a question about your mustang on eBay."

(long pause)

Seller: "Who wantsta know?"

Me:"umm, potential bidder?"

Seller: "What is it?"

Me: "Would you mind telling me what the vin code is on the Mach 1?"

Seller: "okok butchu gotta listen carefully, i'm only sayin dis once.."

..and he told me 1F05M2 so thats it. M code Mach 1.

With those responses I wouldn't even give a dollar for it. Seriously, there's spell check on just about every device out there today. Your telling me you purposefully trying to look like a idiot.

That could be Memphis English. I did not see any verbs conjugated(seems to be very common here even from people with advanced degrees) and it could fit the style of the locals. Dis is also a local colloquialism. New Jersey must have some Memphians living there as well.

I called the guy for the vin number.

Conversation went like this:

Seller: Hello?

Me: "Hey! I had a question about your mustang on eBay."

(long pause)

Seller: "Who wantsta know?"

Me:"umm, potential bidder?"

Seller: "What is it?"

Me: "Would you mind telling me what the vin code is on the Mach 1?"

Seller: "okok butchu gotta listen carefully, i'm only sayin dis once.."

..and he told me 1F05M2 so thats it. M code Mach 1.
And with that, it's more or less a worthless car, sold by a person who's treatment and ethics to others are - without question - more worthless than the car. What a nasty, disreputable person.

Given his two negative feedbacks to one positive, my bet is that he'll refuse to sell the car to the highest bidder. My bet is that this car will wind up back on eBay shortly after selling with a high bid.

-Kurt

Apparently was once an 8 second car.
Eighth mile.

Downhill.

With a tail wind.

I'm sure of it.

Jeez, c'mon yinz guys! Bill and Monica had nuthin' goin' on either... :D

Hurts my eyes just looking at what someone could do to something so Beautiful :mad:

And as said NO WAY IN HELL were talking 8's on the 1320, it would be in pieces (or in this case more pieces than it already is in) :p

Somebody bought it (and given the big question mark of its overall condition and the wrong motor in place of the M-code 351C 4V, for a fair price too), so there are good hopes out there that it's headed for a fiberglass-free future.

-Kurt

Back