Looks like it could be a good buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this on craigslist. I don't know what the interior looks like but, if this is a real Mach 1, it might be worth the price.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2276045463.html
Cars seem so expensive nowadays. To me this car looks like maybe a $3000 car. It has shaved door handles so who knows what kind of condition the body is really in, or what has been done to it. It does claim to have alot of new parts though.

My car was in near identical condition when I bought it, and I paid $3000. Of course that was 7 years ago and in a different part of the country and prices vary everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw this on craigslist. I don't know what the interior looks like but, if this is a real Mach 1, it might be worth the price.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2276045463.html
Cars seem so expensive nowadays. To me this car looks like maybe a $3000 car. It has shaved door handles so who knows what kind of condition the body is really in, or what has been done to it. It does claim to have alot of new parts though.

My car was in near identical condition when I bought it, and I paid $3000. Of course that was 7 years ago and in a different part of the country and prices vary everywhere.
Your all right ! I can see from the pics none of the nose lines up..I'm always Leary of DIYer's Sheetmetal & body repairs...alot of times they make it worse than it was to begin with...$3500.00 max from the pics & It may even be a walk or run as far you can away car..Need to see in person. I wonder if they pop riveted plates in & bondo'ed over the door handle opening ? I looked at a car last summer & that's how they did it. Buyer beware !

I don't know... I don't mind seeing the price and demand for our cars increase, it means the value of the cars we own is going up. I guess that can be good and bad. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you guys that $7700 seems high and one would definitely have to see the car in person. As Qcode mentioned, "buyer beware".

I asked about 3G less for the car pictured below and took a LOT of low baller talk before someone stepped up and was willing to pay a reasonable amount for a 72 Q code Mach1. It was a C6 trac-loc car as well and when one guy offered me $1500 dollars, I told him I was selling the whole car, not just the engine, trans and rear-end. Harsh response perhaps but people would have been happy to pay to get a '69 mach1 in worse condition for $4900 in Canada. I think we will have to get used to prices increasing as things recover. As others said previously maybe not $7700 yet though.

72 Mach 1 thb.jpg

The potential buyer would need to go over it with a fine-tooth comb. Some bubba could have butchered it then bondo'd it over like Q said. If it's in reasonably good condition and only needs a paint job and other minor work, that might be a reasonable price. But I'd be leery.

i wish we could buy a mustang here in Australia as cheap as you can over there once we outlay the money to buy our cars we still have $3500 to ship it to Australia
I was always curious about the price to ship overseas, thanks for that tidbit of information.

Back